Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Sean McVay - Media Availability - October 25 2019

October 25, 2019 01:59PM
TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Sean McVay - Media Availability - October 25, 2019

(On the trip to London and Friday’s walk-thru)
“It was good, things went well. I’m a little low on sleep right now, so looking forward to getting caught up on some rest tonight. I think our players really have handled this very well. They’ll get a chance to come back in here tomorrow and hopefully we’ll get some good rest tonight and be good. But, everything’s gone really smoothly so far.”

(On if the defense is starting to come into its own following last week’s performance)
“I sure hope so. I think we had a great defensive performance, and certainly (Ccool smiley Jalen (Ramsey) was a big part of that. We were able to mix some different things up, but I think all 11 (players) playing together, doing some really good stuff, being able to be a little bit more aggressive with some of our calls was very helpful. We’ll see if we can build on that performance.”

(On if CB Troy Hill will be able to play on Sunday)
“We listed him (CB Troy Hill) as questionable. We’re going to use all the time that we do have, we’ll get him through a workout tomorrow. He’s feeling good – I just talked to him. But, those soft-tissue injuries can be a little bit dicey. I’m feeling good – feeling the same – but we’ll continue to use all the time we have with the soft-tissue injuries. He’ll be questionable for now.”

(On if CB Darious Williams would play if Hill cannot)
“It would be (Ccool smiley Darious (Williams), yes.”

(On the team being so successful both overseas and on the east coast)
“I think the guys just handle it really well. We’re kind of used to traveling, even going back to a couple years ago. Being on the road last week when the lights went out in our hotel on Saturday night, you kind of say, ‘Hey, this feels like something we’re used to handling.’ The guys just seamlessly adjust and adapt and it’s about getting ready for a football game. Doesn’t really matter where – we’re excited about the opportunity to play here. I just think guys handle it, and I think it’s also a credit to (Senior Director, Sports Medicine and Performance) Reggie Scott, (Director of Strength Training and Performance) Ted Rath, our sports science group that helps educate us as coaches on the best way to be able to handle these things so that it can be a seamless transition for the players.”

(On how he is able to draw on L.A.’s 2017 game in London when preparing for Sunday)
“That was certainly a positive experience for us. We used a very similar format – we stayed in Jacksonville before – we stayed in Atlanta this past time. Came out the same time, kind of kept a very similar schedule. We’re hopeful for a very similar result.”

(On if he gives advice to players making the trip to London for the first time)
“I think the best thing they can do is talk to their teammates and just follow the standard operating procedures that we go about our business with our normal schedule and different things like that. I do think that it’s important that they enjoy it. We’re here to get ready to play a football game, but just like they would be if we were at home on a Friday night – go to dinner, enjoy your teammates, different things like that. Not necessarily anything direct – enjoy it, but let’s make sure that we know that the No. 1 thing here is to come and win a football game.”

(On how he guards against complacency going against a winless team or if that’s never been an issue with his team)
“That’s never been an issue. There is too many good coaches and players in this league, no matter what the record is. When you flip on the film for the Bengals, they are a very competitive team. They do a good job, and I think our guys understand the urgency that’s necessary for us to continue to build on last week’s performance. I trust the veteran leadership that we have that, that won’t be an issue with us.”

(On how it was having youth from the NFL Academy at today’s practice and on growing the game of football in England)
“I think it’s great. The game of football has been so special to me. It’s meant so many great things to a lot of different people. To be able to expand the platform that the NFL provides, to really find different players and really offer them an opportunity to get some exposure, and really get a chance to maye see if they can really play at this level. I think it’s great.”

(On if there are any other injury updates besides CB Troy Hill)
“Really other than – we had ruled (Rcool smiley Malcolm Brown out. (Lcool smiley Bryce Hager will be out for the game. (Lcool smiley Clay (Matthews) is going to continue to be out, we’re hopeful to get him back after the bye. Troy will be questionable. I think that’s it for everybody.”

(On his respect for Bengals Head Coach Zac Taylor)
“He’s been instrumental in a lot of the things that we’ve been able to do since I’ve got to L.A. with this coaching staff and this group of players. Really great coach, great person more importantly. I think he’s got a consistent demeanor. Like I’ve said a couple times before, he’s extremely secure in himself. I think if there is anybody that is meant to handle a little bit of adversity the right way as a leader with a consistency approach, to continue to just battle and come on the right end of it, I think it’s Zac. Hopefully, he’ll get that thing going after this week.”

(On if he learned anything two years ago playing in London)
“I think the fans are great. I had been the year before, in London, when I was with the Redskins. We played the Bengals actually, and we tied them. It’s a fun atmosphere and environment with all the different venues that people play at here. We’re just looking forward to the opportunity to compete.”

--RAMS--
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Sean McVay - Media Availability - October 25 2019

Shaky231October 25, 2019 01:59PM