Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I echo your post for the most part

October 13, 2019 05:35PM
I don't think what we are seeing will get 'fixed' this season. Sorry gang, I see this as a 'make the best of what we have' season, but they will be looking for changes to personnel to open the new stadium. I'm hopeful, but not by much and have resigned myself to this being an odd season.

Goff has elite skills and he has shown that through four weeks; but today he was locking on to receivers and inaccurate... although he barely passed.

I'm a HUGE McVay fan and I think he can adjust, but I feel like he 'knows things' that he isn't going to share and they're limiting him. His play calling has been very poor at times. You watch the Patriots or the old west coast 49ers and they adjust, go to a spread, go to quick passing, etc. McVay never does that.....it's BIZARRE at this point....and I have to believe he knows something he isn't sharing.

I don't see this team adding a season changing player(s) this season, meaning, likely a Wild Card at best, but I'm not confident in that...

There is going to be some big time purge going on this off season:

Whit - stayed one year too long. I could see him staying on as a coach.
Fowler - not going to be worth the money he wants
Hager/Reeder - weak....weak links
Peters & Talib - Peters can't tackle and likes to roam, Talib is just getting old. Both likely gone. Going to need CBs.
Brockers - gone... and I will say, one of my disappoints as a #1 pick the past decade. JAG
Anyone on the DL aside from 99 - need to do some serious soul searching. They play next Mr. All Universe and can't get anything going
Matthews - do we get another year out of him?
Weddle - see Matthews? Do we even want another year? Does he become a coach?
Demby - back up or gone
Allen - back up
We will need OL big time.

Gurley - I'm not as down on him as most, but I do think he may be limited..... and I think they keep him, but he will have a smaller role. They won't even think about moving him before the new stadium and I think he still has incredible talent. A quasi 3rd down back (great blocker and receiver)

Goff - he has elite talent (I don't care about the crowd that says he sucks), but like any QB, he develops bad habits or falls back when he isn't confident in blocking. He has the demeanor and desire ... but this game is won on the line of scrimmage.

McVay/play calling - time to go back and study men like Sid Gilman, Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs, etc. He is going to grow and be a great one, but he has hit a slump for sure. Reminder: Mr. Belicheat was an epic failure before he learned to out think everyone.

NOTE: I also want to say, I don't think the 49ers were anything special, especially Jimmy G. They have a great defensive line and really good LBers....they made several mistakes today too....but we made more and at terrible times. I don't see the 9ers going far and could see them getting beat up good. The Rams played right into their hands today.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Offensive Line Not Good Or Big Enough

Classicalwit609October 13, 2019 02:39PM

Maybe some old? Some not good? Not that talented?

JimYoungblood53231October 13, 2019 02:45PM

Re: Maybe some old? Some not good? Not that talented?

Classicalwit202October 13, 2019 03:06PM

we seem to say that every week

ferragamo79171October 13, 2019 03:08PM

Agreed! Same for the defensive line!

Ram_Ruler199October 13, 2019 03:09PM

Re: Agreed! Same for the defensive line!

Classicalwit174October 13, 2019 03:16PM

All starts up front

Ram_Ruler162October 13, 2019 03:21PM

Some thoughts on a season slowly slipping away (it got long, sorry)

Deadpool252October 13, 2019 05:12PM

I echo your post for the most part

Ram49170October 13, 2019 05:35PM

Re: I echo your post for the most part

Classicalwit174October 13, 2019 05:41PM

I'm glad you brought up bill belichick

Deadpool165October 13, 2019 06:35PM

The Pats are like the Borg

six2stack171October 13, 2019 07:00PM