Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The really important thing with Peters...

September 17, 2019 11:10AM
merlin
is whether you trust him to leave it all on the field when he's making good money. I think he's a worse bet from that perspective than Tru or Jenks were. Rams are all about We type dudes who love the game. Peters is toeing the line right now but I don't think he's a core guy for this particular locker room.

If the Rams sign him I will be shocked. I think they're too smart for that now thankfully.

Ramsey is a hundred times the cover guy that Peters is. But for him the same rule applies IMO, where you have to ask yourself if you trust him because if you give up a first round pick for that dude you gotta sign him. And then how important will football and team rules and expectations be to him?

I think the Rams, both McVay and Snead, have already spoken on this particular issue.

McVay has said that Peters is as big of a competitor that he's been around. He LOVES to compete and win. Both Snead and McVay have said that he is passionate and loves football.

That's primarily what they have repeated like a broken record when they talk about 'We not me.' Passion. Loves football. Works hard. Constantly trying to learn and compete better.

If they're right on that aspect of his character, that's not the type of player that suddenly stops leaving it all on the field when they get paid. Based on their comments, I don't think that's a concern at all for Peters.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Here's my concern with Marcus Peters long term

RockRam327September 17, 2019 09:26AM

Re: Here's my concern with Marcus Peters long term

dzrams159September 17, 2019 10:01AM

you call Ramsey "mercurial"............

21Dog105September 17, 2019 10:08AM

merlin119September 17, 2019 10:56AM

dzrams95September 17, 2019 11:10AM