Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Here's my concern with Marcus Peters long term

September 17, 2019 10:01AM
RockRam
He is NOT a press man corner. Wade wants press man corners (it's why they draft Long).

And.... what happens when Talib retires or is no longer a Ram? Peters has such respect for Talib, that I think it may be Talib's presence that is keeping the mercurial Peters in check.

Guys like Ramsey don't often hit the market. Peters is not in his class.

These are valid concerns IMO especially the scheme fit between the two respective players.

Ramsey seems to be an ideal fit while Wade has had to adjust his scheme to fit Peters' strengths. That said, Wade's secondary is playing at a high level right now and Peters is playing well and a part of that. That has to count for something.

Good point on Talib's influence on Peters. It is concerning if Talib is no longer going to be around. After last year I know that Peters needs a good press man opposite him. I don't think any of us know how much he depends on a vets presence to keep him grounded.

On the other hand, in the negative column for Ramsey there's a reason why he's on the market. Yes it's rare for an elite cover man to hit the market and the fact that he has is a red flag. Albeit it's the same red flag Peters had a year and a half ago.

But more concerning for Ramsey IMO is that he can also be described as mercurial. And his most recent infraction of yelling at the coach is possibly worse than anything Peters has done. He has a rep for being abrasive and clashing with teammates and coaches. Peters' immaturity seems to manifest by him occasionally losing his mind on the football field. But I don't believe he has ever had a problem with teammates or coaches.

Acting out on the football field is bad and can result in a critical penalty or ejection that ultimately could result in a loss. That's the worst case scenario. Clashing with teammates and coaches shows a lack of respect for authority. Worst case scenario there is the player becomes a cancer to the culture. IMO, that's 10x worse and completely unacceptable.

I pretty much trust our Demoff/Snead/McVay brain trust so if they make the move for Ramsey I'm ok with it since I'm quite certain that means they've done they're due diligence. But I don't think the decision between the two corners is a simple, easy, or obvious one.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Here's my concern with Marcus Peters long term

RockRam327September 17, 2019 09:26AM

Re: Here's my concern with Marcus Peters long term

dzrams158September 17, 2019 10:01AM

you call Ramsey "mercurial"............

21Dog105September 17, 2019 10:08AM

Re: The really important thing with Peters...

merlin119September 17, 2019 10:56AM

Re: The really important thing with Peters...

dzrams95September 17, 2019 11:10AM