Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Hopefully Weddle helps prevent the mental mistakes

July 13, 2019 10:58AM
Speed_Kills
Those were plentiful. Waaay too many mental breakdowns that kept teams like Minnesota and San Diego in games

The Rams front 7 is full of question marks FULL. Not sure at all what we are getting there

Yes there are question marks in the front 7 but I am not as worried about a couple of them. Not arguing...no one really knows yet, it's all just hunches. Skepticism is not out of bounds on this. But either way these are my own, somewhat more optimistic hunches.

My take. I do it as the front 10.

OLB: Fowler. He could break out this year. 8-10 sacks? Dunno.
ILB: Kiser: I am actually pretty confident in Kiser coming through as a 2-down run-stopper
ILB: Littleton: I think CL has the potential to be a star, just like Johnson. I think he actually could bring more to the position than Barron did. He can blitz and cover so is perfect for this role IMO.
OLB: Ebukam. Big question mark. He has the speed and power to pass rush but doesn't seem to know what to do when he runs into a blocker. And I don't know how good his instincts are.
Wildcard LB: Matthews. I expect smart, consistent play but I don't know if he has more than 4-6 sacks in him.

3-Tech. Donald. I think maybe he could finally have a break-out season. cool smiley
NT: Gaines and/or Joseph-Day. I actually think that one or both of them could do just fine as 2-down NTs.
DE: Brockers: Healthy again? New DL coach sets him up to play more like he did at DE in 2017?

DL Rotation: Franklin-Myers. He showed some stuff last year, could show some more this year?
DL Rotation: Fox. Could produce some as a pass-rushing DE in nickel and dime subpackages? They seem to like him, he gets more good buzz than you would normally expect.

BUT one key factor is the secondary. There will be in a lot of nickel and dime packages, and combined with that,they will rely a lot on disguised coverages and lining up versatile safeties everywhere (which goes along with surprises and disguises). This is a smart group and Wade is just going to go mad scientist programming things in for them.

IF THAT HOLDS UP the secondary will help the pass rush....coverage will help produce a few more sacks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2019 10:59AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Eric Weddle calls Rams CBs 'best I've ever played with'

RamBill606July 12, 2019 08:20PM

Re: Eric Weddle calls Rams CBs 'best I've ever played with'

Steve181July 12, 2019 11:16PM

GroundPounder178July 13, 2019 08:44AM

AlbaNY_Ram127July 13, 2019 09:36AM

I’m just gonna say it...

Rams43236July 13, 2019 05:18AM

Re: Hopefully Weddle helps prevent the mental mistakes