Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Jeff Fisher skeptical of Todd Gurley's trainer sharing details about knee

June 21, 2019 05:17AM
RamBill
Jeff Fisher skeptical of Todd Gurley's trainer sharing details about knee

Former Rams coach Jeff Fisher appeared on NFL Network Thursday to share his thoughts on the situation and expressed skepticism about Gurley’s trainer, Travelle Gaines, revealing details about the running back’s knee.

“A little unusual that a player’s personal trainer will go public with respect to the condition of his client,” Fisher said. “Most of the injury information – most, if not all of it comes from the club, it comes from the head trainer. This did not, so we’ve got to be cautious with respect to jumping to the conclusion on that.”

Fisher’s right: it is unusual. The team has remained tight-lipped about Gurley’s condition, so to have his trainer go in the opposite direction and reveal details is likely frustrating to the Rams’ training and coaching staffs.

Go to Full Article--
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Personally? I don't care. Gaines cut through a lot of fog and smoke. And he IS in a position to know. His entire approach to things depends on doing a detailed medical eval of his clients and developing very individualized work outs based on that medical info. Of the handful of people on the planet who have direct, detailed knowledge of TG's medical info, he is one of them. He;s not beholden to the league's way of handling that--he;s an independent.

That also means that when he says TG is preparing to have a good season, that insight counts too.

On TG? I absolutely do think TG can play, cause (as I keep saying) Faulk and Holt were still productive in years when their knees were far worse off than Gurley's are now (unless someone thinks that Gurley is reduced to bone on bone, which got to be the case with the other 2.)

And besides, the condition is one that does not threaten his season. It's not like that. Based on the little we do know, the worst case scenario is that it can flare up and cause pain and swelling (which it did twice last year), and that can mean losing some time, but it's not much time and the knee calms down after rest. At this stage, nothing in his condition leads to outcomes any worse than that. That's not ideal, but it's also not dire...which is not bad for a worst case scenario.

They are probably very serious about reducing TG's carries (who knows yet by how much) and there is nothing but praise from the Rams for how TG is working out with Gaines. What Gaines does is plan work outs that minimize a guy's specific medical issues (to the degree that can be done, depending on the player and the specific medical issues) and also maximize his play. When TG plays well this year, Gaines will be one of the big reasons why. I care more about THAT than I do about some league "hush hush" code.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jeff Fisher skeptical of Todd Gurley's trainer sharing details about knee

RamBill667June 21, 2019 04:57AM

zn276June 21, 2019 05:17AM

Rams43196June 21, 2019 06:08AM

Gurley must have OK'd his trainer talking

ABQRam247June 21, 2019 07:22AM

I've always been concerned

waterfield196June 21, 2019 09:26AM

Re: I've always been concerned

MamaRAMa195June 21, 2019 10:05AM

Re: I've always been concerned

waterfield175June 21, 2019 11:34AM

Why isn’t the NFL’s injury report a HIPAA violation?

MamaRAMa193June 21, 2019 11:47AM

Re: Why isn’t the NFL’s injury report a HIPAA violation?

waterfield134June 21, 2019 12:12PM

Re: Why isn’t the NFL’s injury report a HIPAA violation?

ABQRam237June 21, 2019 02:59PM

For once, I agree with Fisher on this one

promomasterj172June 21, 2019 01:52PM

Re: For once, I agree with Fisher on this one

zn173June 21, 2019 02:15PM

Re: For once, I agree with Fisher on this one

Killrazor165June 22, 2019 01:14AM

Part of Gurleys issues is Fisher offensive approach

Rams_81174June 22, 2019 05:16AM

Re: Part of Gurleys issues is Fisher offensive approach

zn235June 22, 2019 05:43AM