Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

more on this...what and how much does Gaines know? On Gaines:

June 18, 2019 06:21PM
Gaines actually is a very successful and well known trainer who does thorough evals of the guys he trains and looks specifically at their personal injury histories. His training is directly built around that kind of info.

This is Gaines on what he does with players (and NFL combine prospects):

. [views.washingtonpost.com]

From the moment they arrive at the facility, where they get a full medical evaluation. So every injury they've ever had, we ask them to bring in their full medical history reports. We have a team of physicians, and our rehab and regeneration team takes the kids into a full movement prep and movement screening process. We put them on a grid and find out if their shoulders or hips or knees or ankles are off. We put them through a series of movements to see how their body operates. From there, we can build out a customized warm-up for every kid that's there. So before we're even thinking about training them, we want to put them in the proper positions to warm their bodies up properly. We're not going to warm up the same because we have different aches and pains and alignments.

He has also worked with NFL players whose performance was hampered by nagging injuries. It's actually kind of his thing.

The point?

He has direct knowledge of everything medical involving Gurley and directly builds his training regimen around the specific details of the player's medical issues.

I've seen people try to spin Gaines's words so that they have him not directly knowing TG's actual condition. Well, he does know. That's his entire thing as a trainer, is building things around that knowledge.

On top of it he works with the Rams medical people.

“Their sports science department and sports medicine department are made up of very sharp individuals, so whatever they subscribe and ask me to help out with to do with Todd as Todd’s with me every single day, I’m going to do it. I think the Rams have a great formula and are a phenomenal franchise.”

So he is an informed source, with direct knowledge, who not only knows the player, but communicates with the Rams medical people. The entire point of what he does is to build training regimens around that specific players medical issues. He couldn't do that unless he was as well-informed as anyone about that player's issues.

So this is as good a source as it is possible to get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2019 06:23PM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Gurley Trainer Confirms: Arthritic Knee

Ram49773June 17, 2019 08:13AM

very logical approach

LMU93259June 17, 2019 08:46AM

Surpising this guy would discuss a client's status publicly

promomasterj241June 17, 2019 10:24AM

to be honest no other theory made sense

zn307June 17, 2019 10:36AM

more on this...what and how much does Gaines know? On Gaines:

zn232June 18, 2019 06:21PM

Gurley felt like he should give the money back...

Atlantic Ram402June 17, 2019 11:08AM

Re: Gurley felt like he should give the money back...

zn258June 17, 2019 11:14AM

bigjimram21129June 19, 2019 06:20PM

zn134June 19, 2019 06:26PM

MamaRAMa237June 17, 2019 12:04PM

Classicalwit244June 17, 2019 01:33PM

bigjimram21207June 19, 2019 06:10PM

from...Ranking all 32 RB1s heading into 2019

zn215June 20, 2019 12:49AM

Breer on this

zn182June 21, 2019 12:38PM