Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Draft Grade: Cooks & Fowler included

May 05, 2019 04:26AM
seriously, I keep forgetting to add those two players to our grade as many post draft articles had forgotten too.
The NFL site graded us at an A- (not including Cooks & Fowler)...why not ???
Adding those two players to our draft class would push us to an A+...no?!

DRAFT GRADES article

I know the stuff below has been posted...just curious why the grading writer mentioned adding trades for some teams(Dolphins, Browns, etc)
& not US!!!(...and we still got an A-).
-------------
» Round 2: (No. 61 overall) Taylor Rapp, S, Washington.

» Round 3: (No. 70) Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis;
(No. 79) David Long, CB, Michigan;
(No. 97) Bobby Evans, OL, Oklahoma.

» Round 4: (No. 134) Greg Gaines, DT, Washington.

» Round 5: (No. 169) David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin.

» Round 7: (No. 243) Nick Scott, S, Penn State;
(No. 251) Dakota Allen, LB, Texas Tech.

For the third straight draft, the Rams didn't make a first-round selection. L.A. actually came into Thursday night with the penultimate pick of the first round, but the Rams traded out, kicking off a dizzying game of musical draft slots in which the organization didn't make a single pick in one of its original spots until late in the fifth round. But it's hard to argue with the draft class produced by Les Snead's pick-swapping extravaganza. NFL scouts-turned-NFL.com draftniks Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks waxed poetic about Rapp throughout the entire pre-draft process, 40 time be damned! Jeremiah had Rapp as his No. 39 overall player, while Brooks ranked the Washington product as the second-best safety in the class. Snead got him near the end of Round 2. That's a bona fide value pick for the secondary, and it wasn't the only one! Long produced some eye-popping numbers, both as a player at Michigan and as a physical specimen at the combine. According to Pro Football Focus, the corner logged 595 coverage snaps during his three-year college career, giving up a grand total of 18 catches (on 60 targets) for 130 yards. Then in Indy, Long recorded the top marks in the three-cone drill (6.45) and the 20-yard shuttle (3.97), displaying the kind of next-level agility that comes in quite handy at the cornerback position. Snead got him midway through the third round, after eight other corners had already been picked. In Round 4, the Rams hopped on Gaines, a 312-pound, high-motor plugger who enthusiastically takes on blocks and blows up running lanes. Sounds like a fine running mate for Aaron Donald. On offense, Snead added quality depth in the backfield (Henderson's the most explosive running back in this entire class) and the offensive line (Evans and Edwards were both three-year starters on stellar college O-lines). Prudent planning, considering Todd Gurley's health and the offensive line's offseason attrition (as well as Andrew Whitworth's age). A center might've been nice, though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very nice job drafting by our FO...until the final verdict 3yrs from now or 2yrs...is known. It's an interesting strategy to trade away high picks for NFL players that have demonstrated their NFL ability but are in their final year or a team wants to move on from them....vs......just drafting/rolling the dice on new college talent. Both approaches have worked & failed at times, but I think we have done well on those trades for the most part.

===========================================
ADDENDUM:

If you got to the link I posted above and scroll down to the Bears grade...you will find this by the article's author....
"Chicago didn't get on the clock until Round 3 because of last year's blockbuster trade for Khalil Mack and a 2018 draft-day move for Anthony Miller. (By the way, those two players aren't factored into this grade, as this feels like an exercise in exploring the new talent joining the fray. I'm sure Bears fans are just fine with Khalil Mack, as opposed to a first-round pick that could've boosted this wildly subjective grade.)"

Well, in fairness to his grading method, he does say subjective....but I'd just rather he be consistent.

"L'audace, l'audace. Toujours l'audace!"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2019 04:51AM by SunTzu_vs_Camus.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Draft Grade: Cooks & Fowler included

SunTzu_vs_Camus664May 05, 2019 04:26AM

Re: Draft Grade: Cooks & Fowler included

zn252May 05, 2019 06:17AM

yeah agreed personnel decisions "could" be broken up like that....

SunTzu_vs_Camus171May 05, 2019 07:37AM

Re: yeah agreed personnel decisions "could" be broken up like that....

zn229May 05, 2019 07:43AM

Cooks trade was all 2018 picks, you meant Peters

The Professor189May 05, 2019 09:10AM

oops, yeah, Peters...

SunTzu_vs_Camus157May 05, 2019 11:12AM

Re: Draft Grade: Cooks & Fowler included

Classicalwit157May 05, 2019 03:20PM

yep, my mistake.....it's not Cooks....it's PETERS

SunTzu_vs_Camus106May 06, 2019 06:33AM

Re: yep, my mistake.....it's not Cooks....it's PETERS

Classicalwit94May 06, 2019 11:04AM