Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Saints had a good draft

May 01, 2019 10:11AM
The Saints landed my #15 overall prospect in Gardner-Johnson to help in that secondary in the 4th round. He slid due to some personality issues. I thought this was the steal of the draft. Erik McCoy was a my #2 OC, #4 IOL and my #36 overall prospect. He steps right in for a retired Max Unger. The other 3 picks were a 6th and two 7th rounders, so don't expect much. Mack was a heck of a talent coming out of HS, so there is potential if they can get it out of him.

I did and didn't like what Philly did. I loved the Dillard pick for LT, but he doesn't help them this year. I also liked the Sanders pick, but again, he will be a committee back early on as he needs more development time. Whiteside is a 1 trick pony WR that will need a year or 2 and Thorson is a backup, backup QB right now. So I don't think the Eagles improved immediately, like the Rams, they draft with the future in mind.

Dallas had an OK draft. Dallas needed DL help, but IMO they reached bigtime on Hill, who started like 2 games all year due to the fact that he was in the doghouse with the new coaching staff. That said he has played really well in the past as a disrupter in the middle. McGovern is insurance for Frederick if he can't come back from his illness and was drafted right where he should be. Pollard is a pass catching back that was overdrafted IMO, Loved the Mike Jackson CB pick, not so much the Joe Jackson pick. Mike Weber was a steal in the 7th round to be a very capable backup to Zek.

Minn. had a heck of a draft IMO. Drafted my #1 OC, #2 IOL and #20 overall prospect in Bradbury. He slides right into the Vikings new outside zone scheme as the center, moving Elflien to OG and strengthening 2 spots. Irv Smith was my #3 TE, so he gives Cousins another weapon. Samia is another perfect fit at OG for the OZS. Cam Smith is a nice instinctive ILBer that Zimmer could do something with. Watts was a steal for the DL in the 6th, as was Udoh for a nice OT with upside.

The Bears did ok considering the amount of picks they had. Montgomery was a great replacement for Howard and Ridley gives the Bears offense more weapons. Thats about it. Mack is the biggest pc. of the Bears 2019 draft.

SF had a brutal draft IMO. Bosa was a no brainer HR pick, but after that, they reached on 2 WRs, then seriously reached on a punter in round 4. That to me, is inexcusable. Greenlaw was abused at the Senior Bowl and Smith is OK, but depth only. They needed CB and OL help badly and did next to nothing to help it.

Seattle was mixed at best. LJ Collier was a huge reach and I am not sure he fits their style of defense. I liked him in a 34. He probably works outside on run downs and inside on passing downs in a 43. Blair was a heck of a reach, but Im glad they didn't get Rapp. Metcalf was a HR pick, esp if Baldwin is done, but beyond him it was average at best.

Arizona had a nice draft - i don't like Murray as a franchise QB, but I can see the appeal. This draft will be graded 3 years from now on this pick alone. Murphy was my #1 CB. Isabella, Johnson and Butler are all weapons for the Qb and I like them all. I also liked the Thompson pick at S. Other then that, it was underwhelming. Although Gaillard is a nice sleeper OC.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Question to draft gurus

wv ram828April 30, 2019 02:55AM

Re: I'm no guru, but my thoughts....

spagsbacker347April 30, 2019 03:19AM

Main issue is San Francisco.

alyoshamucci335April 30, 2019 08:31AM

Deebo reminds me of a better Boldin!!!!

SunTzu_vs_Camus237April 30, 2019 09:22AM

Re: Deebo reminds me of a better Boldin!!!!

alyoshamucci192April 30, 2019 04:44PM

Any team with more than 2 rookies starting or...

jemach279April 30, 2019 04:16PM

I don't see SF or Seattle teams to beat

ferragamo79274April 30, 2019 10:59AM

What makes them dangerous, is....

RAMbler249April 30, 2019 11:04AM

exactly! They play us...the way Fisher's Rams played the Hawks!!!

SunTzu_vs_Camus260April 30, 2019 11:22AM

Re: Question to draft gurus

Killrazor274April 30, 2019 11:19AM

AZ oline

alyoshamucci278April 30, 2019 04:41PM

Re: AZ oline

Killrazor158May 01, 2019 01:27AM

Saints had a good draft

Deadpool502May 01, 2019 10:11AM