Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I hope Weddle can have an Aeneas Williams-type effect on the D

March 09, 2019 10:43AM
Weddle is a good player. But contrary to the general opinion of this board, so is LaMarcus. Weddle's job will be the same as Joyner's, protect against the deep ball--with the occasional robber responsibility when John plays deep. We save around $5 million a year in salary given the expectation that LaMarcus signs for $10 mil/per.

In regards to the stats floating around regarding Weddle and Joyner--in the Chargers game alone Joyner probably got the responsiblity for Peters sorry play on the two deep corner routes. Maybe Earl or Eddie stops those throws but no other S in the league does. Peters owned those tds.

Other than oline--which will have turnover--but I am ok with the replacements--all of our offseason focus should be on coverage players. A lb that can cover a Kamara, if they exist, is of immense value. And and weak link in coverage will be exploited by the top teams. Though if TJ the TE drops to us I am all in on that guy.

Also, I would rather pay playoff Suh than overpay a young edge. Curious what Suggs/Wake will fetch. Though it doesnt matter bc edge players will rarely get to Brady or Brees.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Each offseason I become even more impressed with S&M...

Rams43397March 09, 2019 06:34AM

Re: Agree 43........

oldschoolramfan311March 09, 2019 07:04AM

Re: Each offseason I become even more impressed with S&M...

sfbayram211March 09, 2019 08:18AM

I hope Weddle can have an Aeneas Williams-type effect on the D

PeoriaRa254March 09, 2019 10:22AM

That would be fabulous but Aeneas is hard to match

BC Ramsfan221March 09, 2019 10:32AM

I hoped the Rams would draft him out of Utah

OzRam160March 09, 2019 10:45AM

Re: I hope Weddle can have an Aeneas Williams-type effect on the D

cool_hand_luke128March 09, 2019 10:43AM