Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Each offseason I become even more impressed with S&M...

March 09, 2019 06:34AM
They’ve already taken a 4-12 team to the SB in just 2 seasons together.

In the process, Snead has assembled one of the most talented rosters in the league using every tool from trades to FA to the draft.

So, what do S&M do for an encore now?

Well, it’s only March 9th, but they’ve already made two tough, but necessary personnel decisions by releasing Sully and Barron.

Just speculation on my part, but I wouldn’t be terribly surprised to learn that they’re trying to convince Brockers to take a paycut to remain with the Rams.

Then they scored the Weddle coup by signing him quickly on favorable terms despite the fact that he had 11 offers in hand. This Weddle signing is similar to the Whit, Sully, Talib moves in that an experienced team leader has now been added. Not to mention mentor and locker room positives. Our secondary will now look a lot more “settled down”. Lol.

If they can somehow extend Saffold, and I know that that is a big IF, then they have reduced their “must have” new starters list down to maybe 3 positions.

Two edge players and Suh’s replacement on the DL. That’s VERY doable with remaining cap room plus their picks in this particular loaded draft on DL and at edge.

They seem comfortable with Allen replacing Sully and Kiser replacing Barron. Now, that may be posturing, but still...

If I’m reading these tea leaves correctly, then there will be plenty of resources left for depth and developmental players on both sides of the ball.

I fully expect this ‘19 Ram version to be far better than it’s ‘18 version.

I love watching elite FO people executing their well thought out offseason strategy.

What a great time to be a Ram fan.

Hot Damn!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Each offseason I become even more impressed with S&M...

Rams43397March 09, 2019 06:34AM

Re: Agree 43........

oldschoolramfan311March 09, 2019 07:04AM

Re: Each offseason I become even more impressed with S&M...

sfbayram211March 09, 2019 08:18AM

I hope Weddle can have an Aeneas Williams-type effect on the D

PeoriaRa254March 09, 2019 10:22AM

That would be fabulous but Aeneas is hard to match

BC Ramsfan221March 09, 2019 10:32AM

I hoped the Rams would draft him out of Utah

OzRam160March 09, 2019 10:45AM

Re: I hope Weddle can have an Aeneas Williams-type effect on the D

cool_hand_luke129March 09, 2019 10:43AM