Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Look, there’s gonna be a ton of offseason moves necessary...

February 22, 2019 03:23AM
43 I agree that there are a bunch of areas that will need to be filled for next year.

We have cap space for about 2 really good players if we don't resign any of our URFA. Maybe 3 good players if we cut Barron.

I would however issue caution regarding Free Agents. The prices in the open market may go into crazy levels and have bad long term consequences. Last year Trumaine Johnson who is an okay corner made huge money. If all the deals are stupid crazy deals I would not expect us to play early but to wait for some bargains.

I think backup RB is either Anderson or Brown but at a very cheap rate.

I think tha Ebu gets competition from the existing roster and has to fight and improve to keep his job.

I think Brockers takes over for Suh and JMF take Brockers position. We still need to add at least 1 more DL.

Edge is a big need and this is where I can see either a Free Agent for he 1st round pick being used. Even if we trade down I see the first rounder being used for defense either the Line or edge linebacker with an outside chance of Safety. These are our biggest needs and the drafts biggest strengths.

I think Safford will find big dollars on the open market and will leave. I think Noteboom takes over for him. If Whit retires I don't see a first round replacement fo him in the draft so this would need to be a place where we drop big free agent $$$$. If Noteboom is ready for LT then maybe less money on a FA guard which might open the door to resigning Safford.

Safety I see being filled internally Christian/Countess with a draft pick as competition.

If we cut Barron who is no longer that expensive for his position I believe that signals that they believe they replace him internally.

Backup QB I think we will go cheap and draft a 3-5 round prospect and or keep Allen or Mannion at the vet minimum. If they get a prospect they really like they could keep 3 QB on the roster.

Linebacker in general. We have used a lot of draft capital and this is strong area in this draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see us invest in a stud with free agent $$$ or resign Fowler who to me is just okay to be the leader of this young group.

I still believe the Rams will wait for the bargains unless there is someone who wants to sign a team friendly deal so they can play on this club. With the coaching, organization, a new stadium and a realistic chance to compete for multiple Super Bowls the Rams are a destination team. Those dollars will be spend on the offensive line and adding another stud on defense who can rush the passer.

Anyway this is how I think the Rams will approach building the roster for next year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Look, there’s gonna be a ton of offseason moves necessary...

Rams43401February 21, 2019 04:26PM

David Deacon147February 22, 2019 03:23AM

303099February 22, 2019 05:22AM

+1 (nm)

AlbaNY_Ram58February 22, 2019 05:35AM

Ram Fan Teacher95February 22, 2019 06:29AM

AlbaNY_Ram73February 22, 2019 07:24AM

Ram Fan Teacher75February 22, 2019 07:30AM

303063February 22, 2019 11:07AM

dzrams59February 22, 2019 11:33AM

zn103February 22, 2019 12:10PM

Here's what I think 43

Ram Fan Teacher221February 22, 2019 06:27AM

Re: Here's what I think 43

Rams43181February 22, 2019 08:18AM

Re: Here's what I think 43

Ram Fan Teacher122February 22, 2019 08:26AM

backup QB

LMU93121February 22, 2019 08:43AM

Re: backup QB

Ram Fan Teacher129February 22, 2019 09:14AM

Re: What do you see happening?