Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Volleyball vs Football

January 27, 2019 12:31PM
I know, strange title but...

My daughter is in her club volleyball season for the 5th straight year. Last week (NFC Championship) we had the PM wave and she was playing during the game. To top it off, I video all of her matches to have film for college coaches available. So there I am, trying to watch my daughter play, video the match and I've got my I-Phone clipped to my tripod with the game streaming to it via DirectTVNow.

It was so funny, I still have an I-Phone 5 with that little screen, but I had at least 10 people, most of whom I didn't even know, standing as close as possible to try to get a glimpse of the game. There I am, on the play where Reynolds nearly scored the TV, screaming "Go... Go... Oh man, is he in?" Then, turning my eyes quickly back to the volleyball court. I was fortunate that my daughter's team had a break after that match. My wife and I hustled out to my car, plugged my phone in to the charger, connected to blue-tooth so we could listen through the radio and we got it all connected just as JJ made the interception in OT. So... we got to see the winning field goal, albeit on my I-phone 5.

Now.. next weekend, another tourney in Daytona Beach. We have the afternoon pool on Saturday and who knows for sure if afternoon or evening on Sunday. It all depends on wins and losses in regard to the schedule. My daughter is a Rams fan as well and has pretty good knowledge of the game and the team for a soon to be 15YO young lady. She's told me that she would be fine with me going and finding someplace to watch the SB if she's playing. But... I haven't missed a match, ever, and I don't intend to start now. I'll make sure I record the game and I'll use the I-phone and streaming again, right there at the court if I have to.

I'd be lying if I said that I wish she wasn't playing this weekend. But I'd be lying if I said I'd rather focus on the Rams than focus on my daughter and her volleyball team. Frustrating choice. But, I'm so happy the tech is there for me to at least follow on my phone.

Anyway, this may be boring to many of you. But, I'm also certain many of you have had similar things with your kids and can relate. I just wanted to share.

LET'S GO RAMS!!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Volleyball vs Football

PSJRam312January 27, 2019 12:31PM

Re: Volleyball vs Football

ramBRO160January 27, 2019 05:46PM

I

mexram150January 27, 2019 05:53PM