Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Execution wins this game

January 15, 2019 08:57AM
I’m not sure the stastics bear out that the Rams didn’t have a running game during the first 11 games, I believe Gurley was leading the league and Brown was a very important piece that was lost. The running game went south thereafter; certainly against NO and during the slump. Play action is key for the offensive scheme of the Rams. The offensive line’s ability to protect and the time Goff has to throw is dependent on it. Goff is awesome in a clean pocket. If the defense doesn’t respect the run and just lays it’s ears back and/or blitz’s the Rams offense and passing production will suffer.

I did fail to mention another trend favoring the Rams, that is better linebacker play; Littleton, Ekubaum, Hager and Barron had a very good game against Dallas. They are undersized, but are coming on, they have speed and length. Littleton has progressed nicely and was very good last game. In fact the entire defensive backfield is playing better than they were when they played NO. The team looks focused and played disciplined. Rams will win if this continues, even if NO plays well. I think NO played one of their best games against the Rams, they have not played so well for over a month.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2019 09:13AM by hammer.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Execution wins this game

hammer333January 15, 2019 08:00AM

Steve158January 15, 2019 08:29AM

hammer176January 15, 2019 08:57AM