Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Execution wins this game

January 15, 2019 08:00AM
I rewatched the Rams Saints game; the difference was the failure to execute in the second quarter and Peters not being ready on the Saints long
TD pass in the fourth quarter. The Rams put up 35 without a running game. I think Gurly was not 100 percent. Brees was deadly; he had a terrific first half. I saw the Ram defense make adjustments in the second half and stop the Saints except for the single long pass to seal the Win for the Saints.

Against Dallas I saw a far more disciplined defense. The line kept gap integrity and I saw players rally to tackle, the fourth down short yardage stops were spectacular example of what this defense can do, the linebacker play was much better, coverage by linebackers was good, there were lapses in the secondary when Dak scrambled out of trouble which resulted in big plays by Dallas. On offense I saw much better line play, a crazy good running game with two healthy backs and a team that protected the ball. I saw an offense without timeouts and only seconds to stop the clock do so in an incredibly efficient way, It was a thing of beauty, but demonstraits that McVay has them ready. It was Championship football. Goff with a great call by McVay got the first down and stayed in bounds. I saw a team playing at a very high level, smart and disciplined.

The Saints lost a big defensive piece on the line and their offense line has some issues (a guard with an injured hand and center not holding up) that they did not the first game; the Rams lost Kupp, but have Talib, Anderson and Fowler has now been integrated and is more familiar with the defense. Tight ends are more involved in the passing game.

If the rams play disciplined, protect the ball, play smart and efficient as they did last week, they will win. We will see them take a knee to run out the clock.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Execution wins this game

hammer333January 15, 2019 08:00AM

Re: Execution wins this game

Steve159January 15, 2019 08:29AM

Re: Execution wins this game

hammer177January 15, 2019 08:57AM