Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More Saints fans courtesy of Prime Time...

January 14, 2019 01:35PM
[www.tigerdroppings.com]

The keys to the Saints beating the Rams is really simple

It doesn't take a genius in this one:

1) Contain the run game
2) Contain the interior DL of the Rams.

That is pretty much it beyond the obvious like Turnovers. If the Rams can't run the ball, and Suh/Donald doesn't destroy our OL, we win.

(The problem with this simplistic type of thinking is that while it's logical and makes sense on paper, executing this on the field is a different matter entirely. Cowboys fans before our game with them made the same exact statements and that didn't turn out so well for them.

The key for both teams begins and ends in the trenches, as it always has in the NFL. Can the Saints dominate the Rams O-line and the Rams D-line. It's a question of who wants it more?)
-------------------
With the removal of Kupp this is 100% fact
------------
he kinda burned us last time we played so should be a little easier this time around
------------
Score score score. We made them abandon the run last time because we were so far ahead.
-----------
Quick question, how the hell did we contain Donald and Suh that 1st game? Peat is going to have to play better without a doubt.
-----------
That scares the ever living shite out of me vs Donald/Suh. Those boys don't play around.
-----------
Kupp was key for them but Woods may be one of the most underrated receivers in football. I'm not as confident as I was against the Eagles honestly. They have Talib back for this match up and even if Thomas is the GOAT, others are going to have to step up.
-----------
If we are being honest with ourselves the saints OL trending down is a big worry. Couple that with the rams DL trending up. It’ll take some more magic for the saints to beat the rams this time around.
----------
Foles is better than Goff. Make Goff beat you.

Rankins hurts but we should be OK stuffing the run without him.

Talib is a punk and won't be allowed to hold on the road.
----------
Throw at Marcus Peters. He's a hot head and will be completely out of his element if we have success against him early. Make the rams switch up coverages. If we can get Thomas on a heated Peters we will have a ton of success.
----------
I think Goff will make a mistake or two and turn it over. Hopefully Drew doesn't.
----------
I really hope they can get more pressure on Goff than they got on Foles. Goff has been playing like arse for over a month now. I feel if they can knock him down several times, the pressure of the moment will be too big along with the crowd noise, Goff will make several big mistakes (turnovers).
-----------
We need to stop the run and force Goff to beat us. Lattimore on Cooks and Apple on Woods with press coverage.

We HAVE to slow down their run. That’s the key to their success.
----------
Double Woods and play singled up on Cooks with space.

Cooks has no shakes so let them take the short stuff/run into the LBs in the middle with him.

Keep containing the run as we have.

Shut down Gurley with Davis in the passing game again.

Without Kupp we can contain that offense. Kupp was huge for them last game. Not that he had a huge game (pretty good with 5 for 89 and a TD), but the attention he drew opened it up for Woods and Cooks especially.

Cooks now has to do a lot of the stuff Kupp was doing and has been used as a decoy a lot more (they've tried giving that role to Reynolds but he can be singled up by most teams).
----------
make "goff win it for them"
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A “What Saints fans are saying” compilation courtesy of Prime Time...

Rams43400January 14, 2019 01:26PM

More Saints fans courtesy of Prime Time...

Rams43230January 14, 2019 01:35PM

Just a thought...both Saint Fans AND Ram fans...

JamesJM206January 14, 2019 01:36PM