Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A “What Saints fans are saying” compilation courtesy of Prime Time...

January 14, 2019 01:26PM
[saintsreport.com]

Rams' new "2-headed beast"

They ran it down Dallas' throat. We have the No. 2 run defense. Do we have what it takes to kill their "beast"?
-----------
Games rarely mirror the previous week.

They won't be at home on Sunday. We will also have tape to see now on how to combat what they were doing.
----------
They only play the game with one football. We just need to stop the run whoever is in there.
---------
The NFL's best run defense isn't going to suddenly become Pee Wee Herman.

Yeah, we'll certainly miss Rankins, but... we'll bring it! Ryan Nielsen and Mike Nolan will have them game-ready!
----------
[www.theringer.com]

There's a reason why the Rams were so successful running the ball against the Cowboys. We don't have that issue
---------
There hasn't been a run game this year that this defense couldn't step up to. I doubt we let butterball run it down our throat.
---------
CJ was beast. He's a load and he's fresh. Not having Rankins isn't ideal. Our offense has to be effective, it will help keep a full dose of CJ out of their play selection if they're playing from behind or trying to keep up.
---------
No doubt they have talented backs. But, it also helped tremendously in that Dallas pretty much tipped LA off on what they were going to do defensively by lining up in certain positions along the line. Dallas was telegraphing their stunts and all without knowing that the Rams identified this in film study.

LA pretty much knew what Dallas would do in 90% of their plays. This obviously helps a ton when they’re able to know what’s coming and block it to allow for massive runs to happen.
----------
I'm gonna need some help this week. I said last week I was done worrying for the year....I got that out of my system weeks 6 thru 8. Truth be told though this game really worries me. Their run game not so much....we're pretty good against the run. I worry about us not being able to score enough points on offense to get it done.

The identity of our team has changed since the first match up. We need a low scoring game to stay in it I'm afraid. I'm gonna need help from you guys keeping the worry bug at bay. I can list reasons we should win this game but I keep coming back to our offensive production as of late. It worries me.
-------------
CJ gonna be gassed by all the NOLA Food before the game even starts.
-----------
1. Saints offense HAS to start quicker than they did against the Eagles
2. We need to execute our big plays:

If we hit on out 3-5 big plays we will win.
-------------
[saintsreport.com]

Rams have the Saints Superbowl OLine and DLine coaches

Aaron Kromer (OLine)
2008 - 2012 Saints
2017 - 2018 Rams

Bill Johnson (DLine)
2009 - 2016 Saints
2017 - 2018 Rams

Both units playing well for the Rams. I knew about Johnson for a while but Kromer was a surprise. He’s definitely put together some great units for us in his tenure.
-------------
Now that you mention it, they are using our old coaches with their new team while we're using new coaches on our old team.
------------
They've also got the wrong Sean.
-------------
[saintsreport.com]

Rankins believed to have torn achilles

This will hurt against the Rams.
------------
Hopefully the Saints can find the CJ Anderson version of 3-tech DT as a FA this week!
-------------
This is a serious blow to our run defense. It's a shame and the Rams will benefit next week with inside runs.
------------
Regardless, the rams will NOT run all over the saints like they did to the cowboys. Losing Rankins still hurts, no getting around it. But the saints can survive it.
-------------
I briefly perused a Rams board and their fans are mostly thinking we will get smoked by them. Talib being back and such.

I do hope we have a plan in place for Fowler he actually gave us fits last game....not stats wise but always making Drew uncomfortable. Idk tho, we did get 45 on em.?.?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A “What Saints fans are saying” compilation courtesy of Prime Time...

Rams43400January 14, 2019 01:26PM

More Saints fans courtesy of Prime Time...

Rams43231January 14, 2019 01:35PM

Just a thought...both Saint Fans AND Ram fans...

JamesJM206January 14, 2019 01:36PM