Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few thoughts on this Beautiful Sunday morning...

January 13, 2019 07:15AM
That was an awesome 2 headed running game against a quality Dallas run D. I mean, jaw dropping, actually.

Didn’t I say that I expected a determined Ram team to surprise the Cowboys and many pundits? There was something about McVay’s carriage last week that clued me in. Obviously, that determination was absorbed by his asst coaches and players.

I don’t think it would have made a dimes worth of difference whether we had faced the Bears or the Cowboys. Neither team would have withstood this effort. Hope we can match this level against our next opponents.

What a blessing to have our OL and to have them healthy all season long.

Sully distinguished himself in the run blocking, didn’t he?

So happy to see Big Whit get his 1st playoff win. And a game ball. And a hug from one of his children afterwards.

Love and admire how Gurley is accepting and praising CJ’s contributions. Gurley just wants to win, dammit! Gotta admire that.

It would be wonderful if somehow CJ could be retained and extended affordably. This 2 headed run game would be beastly.

This Ram team currently enjoys an embarrassment of riches. Is there a single one of the following that you would replace, assuming that you could:

Kroenke as owner?
Demoff as President?
Snead as GM?
McVay as HC?

Me neither. Let that sink in for a minute. To have 4 such men in those 4 positions at the same time? Priceless.

We is loaded on O for next year, assuming Kupp comes back 100%, as expected. Goff, Cooks, Woods, Kupp, Gurley, CJ (I hope), Higbee, Everett, Reynolds. There will be quality O weapons that McVay can’t even get on the field. The pitiful O of 2016 is just a distant memory now.

Hey! We can stop the run after all. Had to almost sell out to do it, but it was sure nice to see, huh?

Suh showed up and it sure helped out. But give me a player for next year that shows up every snap of every game, not just against his former team Detroit and in the playoffs. Too little, too late from Suh to win me over. Hope he gets his ring with us, of course, but then it’s adios for me.

I’m liking Fowler more and more. Hope he’s affordable next year.

Ebu needs to be upgraded. Sorry.

Marcus Peters has worn out his welcome with me. I was a big advocate for acquiring him, but his play and his behavior have both disappointed me. Yeah, he’ll be here next year, and hopefully he might turn things around, but I’m not holding my breath. CB is looking like a high draft priority, don’t you think?

Why are we still having confusion and blown coverages in our secondary at this late date? C’mon...

Beating Dak was fun, but Brees is a whole different order of magnitude as a challenge, assuming the Saints handle the Eagles, as expected. Our 2 headed running attack should keep Brees on the sideline a great deal, true, but our pass D gameplan vs the Saints must be vastly different than it was for the Cowboys. Gonna be a huge challenge for Wade, that’s for sure.

Can we just stop with the stupid penalties? Hard enough to beat playoff teams without extending their danged TD drives twice a game.

Does McVay have a set, or what? And extreme confidence in his players? And don’t you think that the players appreciate and respond to it? I LOVE that in my HC!

Can’t wait to learn who we play next Sunday. We’re not done just yet. Not hardly. Lol.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few thoughts on this Beautiful Sunday morning...

Rams43230January 13, 2019 07:15AM

Re: A few thoughts on this Beautiful Sunday morning...

WhiteHorns169January 13, 2019 07:20AM

he cares until the new place opens

shellback199January 13, 2019 07:27AM

I actually agree with a lot of this 43...but...you knew there would be a but...

jemach150January 13, 2019 07:29AM

Re: I actually agree with a lot of this 43...but...you knew there would be a but...

Rams43114January 13, 2019 07:51AM