Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Great post

January 09, 2019 01:39AM
Been pounding the table that it isn't as easy to say do not give up on the run game.

When it is ineffective, you either have to or punt, because 10 yards are required to get first downs to have more plays by retaining possession of the ball, so if you have 5-6 possessions in a half and you run on first down and get stuffed and run on second down and get stuffed and punt all 5 times, you still only get 10 rushing attempts and people will say they gave up on the run.

Of course, you don't even have a chance to run, because your play count gets reduced.

or lets say, you run just on first down so the ratio is only 33% runs, but that is because you get stuffed and have 2nd and long and you pass on 2nd and 3rd downs. Same thing:

I will say this: If you have ideas on how to adjust the run game with different kinds of runs or blocking schemes and you think you can change the results, I can live with that, but to do something over and over and fail over and over to prove some philosophical ideology to me is just some self inflicting pain with bad results.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Run Game

cool_hand_luke355January 08, 2019 11:52AM

Re: The Run Game

sfbayram135January 08, 2019 09:20PM

Great post

Rams_81131January 09, 2019 01:39AM

Re: The last 2 weeks of CJ Anderson proved it.............

oldschoolramfan77January 09, 2019 09:57AM

Ok

Hazlet Hacksaw182January 09, 2019 10:19AM