Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Who's Left In The Tourney

January 06, 2019 03:23PM
NFC

Philly: Outstanding Defense - Decent and versatile offense with a better passing game than running game.

Saints: Outstanding Offense both running and passing - Defense that improved throughout the season.

Cowboys: Outstanding Defense - Very good running offense with a QB that will generally hurt opponents more with the run than the pass.
Rams: Outstanding Offense WHEN the running game is working the passing game also works. - Perhaps the worst defense left, excluding the Chiefs.

Most well rounded team: Saints
My Picks - Saints vs Rams in NFC Championship

AFC

Chargers: Outstanding Defense - Well above average offense both passing and running (assuming Gordon is healthy).
Patriots: Slightly above average Offense - Slightly above average defense. (Far more playoff experience than anyone else.)

Chiefs: Most Potent Offense in the NFL - Worst Defense left in the tourney.
Colts: Defense that has continued to improve each game - Offense is well above average.

Most well rounded team: Chargers
My Picks: Chargers vs Colts in AFC Championship

I'm not ready to take my picks any further at this point. But... if the Rams beat the Cowboys and end up facing the Saints, Jared Goff is going to have to look really sharp in the passing game vs Dallas for me to think the Rams have a legit shot at beating the Saints.

If my picks for next weekend are correct, the Rams would be the team with the worst remaining defense. Today, we all watched teams that tackled VERY well and generally didn't give up huge plays, especially running plays, because they were disciplined in their approach to the game. Even the Chargers who played 6 & 7 defense backs throughout the game, tackle better than the rams in the running game.

Rams are my team. I'm certainly pulling for them but I'm certainly not convinced they are the best team remaining in the tourney, or even in the NFC.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Who's Left In The Tourney

PSJRam403January 06, 2019 03:23PM

Re: Who's Left In The Tourney

LMU93190January 06, 2019 03:57PM

If I was the Chargers....

JamesJM194January 06, 2019 04:01PM

Re: If I was the Chargers....

PSJRam194January 06, 2019 04:07PM

Anyone's SB....

JamesJM169January 06, 2019 04:16PM

Re: Anyone's SB....

stlrams13179January 06, 2019 04:16PM

Re: If I was the Chargers....

sfbayram158January 06, 2019 05:39PM

Im counting on a Rams v Chargers SB so I can take the whole family

stlramz161January 06, 2019 08:02PM

I won't be going to the SB... but I'm with you....

JamesJM202January 07, 2019 05:57AM

Lets not forget..

sstrams249January 06, 2019 04:14PM

O and D rankings of the teams left plus differentials

Deadpool197January 06, 2019 04:54PM