Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Referee Vinobitch and the Rams: Conspiracy or just Chance?

December 29, 2018 07:18AM
Caught this on another board, and can't deny there's some intrigue involved
With this official the Rams have endured a 0-8 run, and a lopsided penalty yard stat.......

picked up mid-thread from another board..........

Jerry32's response......

Here are the facts with Bill Vinobitch's crew. After having a heart issue, Vinobitch retired from reffing on the field after the 2006 season. He returned for the 2012 season. Since Vinobitch returned, we are 0-8 with him as our ref. That's quite shocking. It's hard to believe that the law of averages wouldn't allow us a single win in 8 games.

Here's an even more galling fact, we are 12-1 this year with other crews and 0-2 with Vinobitch's crew. So you can't just chalk up 0-8 to the Rams being a mediocre team since 2012.

Does anyone remember the Carolina Panthers game where Sam tore his ACL? There were a lot of questionable calls in that game, and then, we had multiple players ejected from a fight Steve Smith started (Steve Smith, of course, wasn't ejected). Vinobitch's crew reffed that game. Vinobitch's crew is also the ref crew that ejected Aaron Donald from the 49ers game.

Here's one last "interesting" fact. I went back through Vinobitch's entire tenure as the head referee of his own crew. There is not one single game he reffed where the Rams' opponent had more penalty yardage than the Rams. That's going back to the start of the 2004 season. We've had a total of ONE game where the Rams and their opponent had the same number of penalty yardage. In every other game, the Rams were assessed MORE penalty yardage than their opponent. That covers 12 games.

I'm not sure how those numbers aren't shocking to people. It tells me that we're not getting a fair shake from his crew. It tells me that he's a biased official. I don't know why he's biased, but the numbers don't lie. It makes zero sense that those numbers would be pure random chance. I know that I've been beating this drum for awhile, but I don't forget when somebody screws the Rams. Vinobitch has made it a habit of screwing the Rams. I don't believe for a second that it's just coincidental. IMO, Kroenke needs to tell the NFL League Office that Vinobitch needs to be taken off of our games.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Referee Vinobitch and the Rams: Conspiracy or just Chance?

leafnose787December 29, 2018 07:18AM

Re: Saints game, and Eagles game

leafnose244December 29, 2018 07:29AM

Re: Referee Vinobitch and the Rams: Conspiracy or just Chance?

sfbayram237December 29, 2018 07:50AM

Seems like he's surrounded by issues..

sstrams179December 29, 2018 08:02AM

with a name like Vinobitch, what could go wrong???

Rampage2K-223December 29, 2018 08:05AM

he's doing a game with NO playoff implications this week

Rampage2K-176December 29, 2018 08:36AM

Wow. Sort of condemning, isn't it?

NewMexicoRam214December 29, 2018 08:17AM

Vinobitch is NOT officiating the Rams-49ers game tomorrow Attachments

MamaRAMa262December 29, 2018 08:45AM

Ok, anytime somebody says Jerome Boger..

sstrams202December 29, 2018 09:17AM

Re: Ok, anytime somebody says Jerome Boger..

sfbayram70January 16, 2019 11:56AM

oh boy......

Rampage2K-152January 16, 2019 08:33AM