Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 13 Bears cold weather dud.

December 13, 2018 03:21PM
Okay ... this is not a huge deal this year. But starting next year we have to find ways of getting into cold weather games. Goff needs to get some gloves that work for him and the O line needs to be able to plant on frozen ground ... so at least a couple practices on a frozen surface.

The Good (no great)

1) Taking the ball away when the opportunity arose.

2) Nikell Roby Coleman's diving breakup in the end zone. I have to say, we don't have to worry about slot CB any time soon.

3) Robert Woods and Cooks not dropping the football.

4) Franklin Myers slowly getting more active getting to the passer.

5) JJ3 had a good game, but I can't remember anything spectacular, just solid. (just looked) INT and 5 tackles including a TFL.

The Bad

6) We have Donald and can't find a way to free him up earlier in the game? Playing against a young QB who needs to be pressured and who is coming off an injury?

7) Inability to stop the run .. 194 rush yards given up.

8) Lack of preparation for a cold weather game. I know that he's young, and yes he's played in cold games ... but something happens under 20 degrees and not every player responds the same.

The Ugly

9) Goff's inability to throw a cold football. FOUR INTERCEPTIONS?

10) Our resistance to running ... what on Earth was that about? Run the ball. 11 carries for TG2? Goff is under 50% passing and we're throwing like we're down 3 TDs? Ill just say this, as I'm checking the stats ... 44 passes by Goff. 13 running plays. 75% passing IN THE COLD?

11) If they had kept at the run, they would have put us away much earlier. But they assumed a track meet? So they kept passing?

I'm not doing much more on it, just hoping we learn from the last two. Both ugly.

College

12) I love the end of the year games because I can see evenly matched college teams in the conference championships and then in bowl games. So I'm in heaven. But for the average Joe football goer, there's 1 really good game this week. In the Mountain West there are 3 really good teams ... Boise, Fresno, and SDState (key on their bowl games because in beating each other they made it likely that they would be matched well in the postseason. SDstate is playing ASU Saturday. ASU is now being coached by Herm Edwards ... who seems to bring a real attitude with him ... besides that he has N'Keal Harry and company. Should be a good game.
Note: The ILB for Fresno State should be playing in the SEC. Allison. As far as Ive seen, there may not be another player in college that hits as hard ... he's 6-0 242. I rarely don't get attached top smaller school LBs, but Bobby Wagner says we should every once in a while. (I like Mike Bell the 6-3 205 Safety, too)

13) CBs have really risen throughout the year ... usually the top 10 have about 8 guys I expected coming in ... not so much this year. I don;t know what we do with Peters ... but the Ya-Sin kid is my favorite off the bat, and if Bryce Hall on Virginia comes out Ill be looking at him too for the top pick after a trade down ...

14) That said ^ I don't know how we don't go edge rusher with our top pick. With Fowler, Ebukam and Obo? I'd still go edge first because the talent is "plus" for that spot ... likely to get a top 15 guy at 32. In my top 2 rounds, it's going to be primarily defensive line and edge players .. with a couple layers of WRs ...

I'll do more previews as the games get better ...

Thoughts and comments welcome. Here's to a better game in L.A. Sunday night.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2018 03:38PM by alyoshamucci.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 13 Bears cold weather dud.

alyoshamucci653December 13, 2018 03:21PM

Re: Blinkscout Game 13 Bears cold weather dud.

Steve199December 13, 2018 09:08PM

LOL...

jemach169December 14, 2018 05:16AM

Good points on planting and gloves

BC Ramsfan223December 13, 2018 11:07PM

the Draft

LMU93181December 14, 2018 03:36AM

I think edge goes top half of draft

ferragamo79183December 14, 2018 10:07AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 13 Bears cold weather dud.

leafnose177December 14, 2018 04:11AM

Harry isn't playing for ASU tomorrow

21Dog162December 14, 2018 06:14AM

Harry isn't playing for ASU tomorrow

alyoshamucci162December 14, 2018 07:48AM

Re: Harry isn't playing for ASU tomorrow

CraigMatson134December 14, 2018 03:14PM

you're right

21Dog124December 14, 2018 06:35PM

Hitting safeties...

alyoshamucci130December 15, 2018 04:06AM