Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Sean McVay –November 17, 2018

November 18, 2018 05:12AM

Rams Head Coach Sean McVay – Media Availability – November 17, 2018

(On how practice went at the Air Force Academy)

"It was good. Yeah, it was a great facility and guys did a nice job, they were moving around, it was crisp. Appreciative of the facilities for us."

(On if he feels good about what's been accomplished during preparation in Colorado Springs)

"Yeah, we do. We feel good, especially when you just compare it to the amount of work that we were able to get last week. We're already ahead of the curve with that. I think our players have done a nice job just being able to handle a lot over the last couple weeks. I think the thing that we've talked about is just being able to prioritize what's important – taking care of your families, making sure that all that stuff is good – but then it's been very impressive with their ability when they come back to work, making sure that the other things are taken care of, to refocus, to gather themselves together and get ready to play a football game. They did that last week and we expect the same this week."

(On if he anticipates every on the injury report will be available on Monday)

"We do."

(On the exception WR Cooper Kupp being out)

"(WR) Cooper Kupp, I think that's kind of understood right there, unless he's a wolverine making that kind of recovery from surgery."

(On WR Pharoh Cooper's health status)

"(WR) Pharoh (Cooper) looked good. Pharoh did a good job. Today will be another good chance to be able to evaluate him and figure out exactly how we want to space out our 46 (active players) for gameday. But, it was good to get Pharoh back out there. He did a nice job."

(On why Kupp hasn't been moved to IR yet)

"I'm not sure. That'll take place here soon. Probably just from a numbers standpoint, we haven't had to make that move."

(On if any players were fined during the game last week)

"That's the leagues decision. I think there's probably some things that – that's between the league and those guys."

(On if he's aware of any fines and if he doesn't want to reveal them)

"I am. Yeah, I'm aware. Well, I honestly haven't had a chance to look through the 3,000 emails. I'm sure that usually about this time is when they start to notify guys if there was something. But, that can be any number of things – sometimes it's uniform violations. So, haven't had a chance to really get to look at what the specifics were with that yet."

(On if he feels comfortable putting Pharoh Cooper back into his regular role if he's fully healthy and ready to play on Monday)

"(WR) JoJo (Natson) is going to return punts. So, JoJo is going to return punts regardless of whether Pharoh goes or not. He's done a nice job with that. Dependent upon his availability, you can see him return kicks. (Dcool smiley Blake's (Countess) done a great job with that, but if Pharoh is able to go and that's something we feel good about, then you can expect to potentially see him return kicks."

(On if Pharoh Cooper will play as a receiver)

"He'll spell guys. He's going to get up to speed. But, got a lot of confidence in those top three guys that you've heard us talk about. (WR) KhaDarel (Hodge) has played some meaningful snaps. If Pharoh needs to get in there to do some things to continue to provide depth and play a role, then that's something that he could do. But again, it's all predicated on if he's up or not."

(On what he expects to take place for the team when they head back to L.A. prior to the game on Monday)

"We're going to have practice today and then we'll fly back tonight, let guys get settled. We'll get back a little bit later in L.A. and then we'll reconvene at the facilities tomorrow afternoon, do some meetings like we typically would on a normal Saturday morning for a Sunday game. Then, we'll meet at the hotel tomorrow night. Those guys will get their rest and then we'll kind of go through some meetings on Monday morning, just because you're waiting around for a while, just not kicking off till 5:15 (p.m.). So, it'll be somewhat similar, but guys will have a chance to go back and get at home and then we'll regather on Sunday afternoon as a team."
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamsFootballFans.com485November 18, 2018 05:12AM

McVay on Pharoh Cooper.............very interesting

SunTzu_vs_Camus277November 18, 2018 07:11AM

I lost a lot of confidence..

sstrams205November 18, 2018 07:33AM

Re: McVay on Pharoh Cooper.............very interesting

Steve213November 18, 2018 07:54AM

a ProBowl returner who can't get his PR job back?

SunTzu_vs_Camus160November 19, 2018 06:28AM

Re: a ProBowl returner who can't get his PR job back?

Steve146November 19, 2018 06:37AM

Cooper offers something different on the Jet Sweep

den-the-coach136November 19, 2018 07:11AM

Seems OK to me.

AlbaNY_Ram103November 19, 2018 09:23AM