Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Anybody happy with the play of either Ebu or Longacre?

November 12, 2018 11:15AM
I was at the game yesterday and it was very strange that the so called edge players didn't hold the edge. That's their primary job to contain the outside so runners aren't racing down the sidelines for big gains. Long acre looked particularly bad at this. He kept crashing inside and they would just run right around him. RW did it many times. Now I'm not a Pro coach but I did play D End in a 4-3 and my coach would always yell about containing. My job was to tackle whoever cane my way or force runners into the middle where our LBs and CB could make the tackle. In a 4-3, the OLBs become, in effect, stand up DEnds. They need to stop sweeps, screens, scrambles and reverses. That is job one. After that sure, rush the passer, crash and pursue. Now the other issue is with a power rushing team like the Seahawks they are lining up with an extra OL playing TE and bringing the beef. Barron is a small ILB and Joyner is very small. O running plays are working up the gut and then outside. It is partially scheme but it is more personnel. We need a big time tackler in the middle at LB. we need bigger faster guys at OLB (Fowler is one). And we really need a bigger, faster safety that stops anything from going more than 7 yards. Wade doesn't have the parts yet. Talib will help. OBO might help. But our draft next year will be at those positions I mentioned. (1) OLB, (1) MLB, and (1) safety. We probably add a TE to the mix and maybe a QB. We're still 9-1 and can win it all, but we do need some help.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anybody happy with the play of either Ebu or Longacre?

Rams43168November 12, 2018 08:19AM

Re: Anybody happy with the play of either Ebu or Longacre?

SoCalRAMatic79November 12, 2018 11:15AM