Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anybody happy with the play of either Ebu or Longacre?

November 12, 2018 08:19AM
Me neither. Lol.

No point in rehashing their respective shortcomings, is there? Bottom line is that neither seems good enough.

So, what to do?

If a DC such as Wade is struggling with this then we can assume that the problem is quite serious AND that the solution options are very limited.

But what’s a fan to do but go rushing in where angels fear to tread?

So here goes...

Littleton moved to OLB? What is there to lose, really? A fast, instinctive playmaker at a position that sorely needs exactly that. I think he can do it, certainly better than either Ebu or Longacre. Especially Longacre. Littleton would have to be replaced inside but we have 3 candidates for that. In any order Wilson, Hager, or Kiser could fill in adequately. Wade’s call. The net result of the Littleton move would be a substantial net gain for the D, IMO. Longacre, in particular, is killing us.

Increase Fowler’s snaps as much as possible and as soon as possible. He applies much more pressure and makes many more plays than either Ebu or Longacre, period. I would recommend him in there on both running and passing downs. Almost TOO obvious. Play him until he needs a breather, dammit!

Another possible partial solution would be to give Obo a few danged snaps. Surely he deserves that based upon his college play AND the ineffectiveness of Ebu and especially Longacre. I mean, WTH do we have to lose?

Improved edge play should dramatically improve our D vs both the run and the pass. Contain alone would be huge. Teams have been killing us with outside runs and QB scrambles. And trust me, upcoming opponents will take full advantage until we plug this leak.

Another thing. Our run D should improve if the interior guys don’t have to worry so much about the outside. We allowed 273 rushing yards to the Seahawks, for crying out loud. I can barely type those words. Sigh...

Anybody else have any other suggestions given our current roster, fell free to comment or toss ‘em out there.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anybody happy with the play of either Ebu or Longacre?

Rams43168November 12, 2018 08:19AM

Re: Anybody happy with the play of either Ebu or Longacre?

SoCalRAMatic80November 12, 2018 11:15AM