Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goff and Warner poor come from behind stats

November 11, 2018 04:09AM
[www.msn.com]

When you look at the following, you see many of the great QBs with all these come from behind games.

The one that shocked me was Matt Ryan because I feel he has choked so many times in big games, but apparently facts are facts and while maybe he has been a bad QB in big games, he has been clutch when trailing in these regular season games.

Kurt Warner, was one, a Hall of Famers, that too like Goff struggled when trying to lead a team back when time was an element in the game. He only had 9 come from behind wins his entire career and when you look at the ones he had, most of them, consisted of 1 score on a tight game when he was with the Rams and time was not an element.

[www.pro-football-reference.com]

So the theory is this:

Martz and McVay are two of the best coaches you could ever dream of having, but does their controlling style styfle a QB ability to play free and easy when the game is on the line, get up to the line quickly, and make decisions on their own.

Goff and McVay's famous play "JUST GOT IT OFF" with 2 minutes left when home field advantage was on the line last year was the single drive that prevented the Rams from making the superbowl. I have never seen anything more disfunctional as using the entire play clock when trailing late in the game.

This year it seems like this may improve, but the Rams have yet been behind late in the game when time is an element. I hope we get to steal a win or two before the playoffs and Goff and McVay learned something from last year, because having done it before would provide some foundation for when everything is on the line.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff and Warner poor come from behind stats

Rams_81250November 11, 2018 04:09AM

Re: Goff and Warner poor come from behind stats

Classicalwit82November 11, 2018 04:18AM

Re:Rams come back wins (not so many compared to other teams)

Steve77November 11, 2018 06:03AM

Re: Goff and Warner poor come from behind stats

moklerman60November 11, 2018 06:03AM

This is a meaningless stat...too subjective

BumRap60November 11, 2018 06:29AM

counting PERCENTAGE of comeback wins, not the number of them

zn111November 11, 2018 06:33AM