Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Anybody else rethinking Ram player future extensions after this game?

November 05, 2018 10:21AM
I haven't changed my mind on extensions at all.

Suh I always thought was a one year thing. I am more solidified in that thinking.

I stated Joyner was gone the minute the franchise tagged him. Nothing has changed there.

On Peters, the jury is still out for me. I'm pretty stubborn so I'm not ready to make a decision after a half year of play when there's a two year eval period.

Where I have changed my thinking is on the Rams needs priorities after the season. Like you, I think CB has moved very high up on the priority list.

And not only because of Peters. It's also because of the scheme.

It's been reported many times that Snead went out and got Talib and Peters because Wade wants a shutdown secondary. Wade was behind the push to take money out of the LB core and put it in the secondary. It's becoming more clear that his scheme has a huge weakness when it doesn't have a good secondary.

So even if Peters was playing well, they are too susceptible to injury. They need to use a high draft pick on CB help even if only for depth.

I agree with your priority list but would bump ILB down and put S on there. They'll need someone good to pair with JJ3.

Right now I'm seeing (not necessarily in this exact order but close):

Extend Fowler, Littleton, and Saffold
Edge defender for the Ebu side
DT
CB
Safety
TE
OL depth
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anybody else rethinking Ram player future extensions after this game?

Rams43187November 05, 2018 09:17AM

dzrams64November 05, 2018 10:21AM

Rams4351November 05, 2018 10:28AM

LMU9378November 05, 2018 10:34AM