Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anybody else rethinking Ram player future extensions after this game?

November 05, 2018 09:17AM
I sure am.

Suh. I previously thought Suh might be 50-50 to be extended. No more. Might have lost his edge or his hunger, but I’m not seeing $14 million worth of effort or domination. Heck, I’m not seeing domination at all.

Joyner. Well, few previously thought he would be extended, anyway. But now he seems even less likely.

Peters. I previously thought he was a lock for extension. But now? I hardly recognize his play. I mean, Payton/Brees admitted to deliberately targeting him! Count me in the camp that thinks he would rather play to be a “hero” rather than playing within Wade’s scheme. Part of the blame is on Wade for that, don’t you think?

Fowler. He seems well on his way to being a priority extension target after this game. Some good news on that front, for sure. We’ll see. Fingers crossed.

Littleton. A no brainer, huh?

Saffold. I would think that he’s a very high priority for extension. Pro Bowl level OG’s don’t grow on trees, and he really helps both Goff and Gurley. Need I say more?

My revised draft priority needs have changed although BPA will be the ultimate decider:

CB has moved up as a high need given Peters’ recent play. Maybe even the highest need.

DT if Suh departs as I now expect. Reportedly a loaded DT draft class with quality into the 3rd round expected.

OLB is a biggie, too. Two holes there unless Fowler is extended. Both Ebu and Longacre are looking like fool’s gold to me. Would be useless in the playoffs.

ILB need is high. Would enable a Barron trade/release with the accompanying salary savings. Current backups are considered liabilities in coverage so an upgrade would be helpful against these elite QB’s that the Rams will be facing in future playoff games.

OL is gonna get more attention in future drafts. We currently have only 7 on our 53 and who knows how Whit is gonna hold up?

Okay, backup QB could be a high priority, too. Isn’t Mannion a goner next season?

Here’s hoping that Snead can continue finding the players and Demoff can continue finding the cap space. Lol.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anybody else rethinking Ram player future extensions after this game?

Rams43187November 05, 2018 09:17AM

Re: Anybody else rethinking Ram player future extensions after this game?

dzrams65November 05, 2018 10:21AM

Rams4352November 05, 2018 10:28AM

LMU9378November 05, 2018 10:34AM