Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What Saints fans are saying...

October 30, 2018 06:55PM
[saintsreport.com]

Rams trade for Dante Fowler

----------------
Bring it. Better players than him have tried to get to Brees.
------------
donald, brockers, fowler, suh. hope our OL is ready.
-------------
Good. Now there will be some confusion along their D-Line at times come Sunday.
-------------
He is kind of like Eli Apple of DEs to me. Solid to good but not great. He was on a great Jags defense (last year) but never established himself as one of their premier players.

So, like Eli where's he's not a star that will be a game changer, he is very solid and will contribute to an already great team.

If we come out the NFC this year, there's no doubt in my mind this will be greatest Saints team of all time cuz our path is a warzone this year.
-----------
Are people really worried about him? Lol
-----------
A tad if we did not have all pro tackles. He's going to get a good amount of sacks just off single blocking because of Suh and Donald and he's definitely capable of that. Last year he had 8 sacks playing with a similar talented Jags defense.
------------
People in LA....

-------------
Rams are not the Warriors, they haven’t won anything yet.
------------
He's a legit outside pass rusher. And helps solve the biggest problem area on their team. Good trade for them.
-----------
He has not played as much this year. Had 8 sacks last year and 5 passed defensed with 3 tackles for loss and 4 sacks his rookie year. Not #3 pick worthy, but not a bust.
----------
Whatever. We have one of, if not the, best offensive lines in the league.

Good luck pal.
-----------
We'll see.

He had 4 sacks in 2016.
He had 8 sacks in 2017 (which is starting to look like some type of lightening-in-a-bottle year for the Jags)
He has 2 sacks this year through 8 games which puts him on pace to once again have 4 sacks.
He's never earned the starting job in Jax. He got beat out by a rookie in 2016 (Yannick Ngakoue). He has been a back up/package player for 3 years.

He probably needs a change of scenery.
------------
I'm totally fine with them getting richer at an already rich position and not improving their hole of a secondary. They were exposed last week and we'll blow it wide open this week. And they didn't do anything to bolster it.

And it plays into our strength. I have faith in Brees and the OL nullifying this addition
------------
Just before our game and I read earlier that Cooper Kupp may play this Sunday. Hope the Saints bring their A game, it's gonna be a dog fight.
-----------
Superstition says, "bring in other player, goodbye win streak".
------------
we still gonna kick their arse
------------
Rams always have the lead unlike Jax or they re winning big so all he will have to do is come on the field to rush the passer. And with Suh and Arnold pushing the pocket back, if he doesn't put up numbers now it'll never happen. Good gamble for them, they had nothing on the edge.
-------------
If we can get past the ravens and vikings. The rams are just the same, outside of Donald i haven't heard anybody else causing trouble
-----------
I have a feeling the Rams won’t be recognizable in 2 years from what we see today and the Seahawks will continue to lead the division. That’s my guess....
------------
He spreads the opposing OL enough for Suh and Donald to wreak havoc. That helps their secondary also. Let's see how saints counter, as there is no film of him playing with the Rams as well.
--------------
An underperforming player that had other dominant players around him on the line and the backfield. Spent a 3rd and 5th for a half season rental. Poor value I like to see and not worried one bit with him against Armstead or Ramczyk.
-------------
not worried about him.

like others said if he could not really stand out on that jags d why would he with the rams.

i give the props for trying cuz they get nothing at all out of the edge of the d at all. they really suck.
-------------------------------------
[saintsreport.com]

Is Coach Sean McVay the NEW Sean Payton? or Passing of the Guard?

Both aggressive, and reminiscent of Sean Payton in 2006 and 2009 season.
Also in the spotlight are the two men commanding the sidelines in Saints coach Sean Payton and Rams coach Sean McVay, both of whom are regarded as offensive gurus. They also started off with a franchise quarterback - Payton with Drew Brees, and McVay with second-year pro Jared Goff, the first overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft.

The Saints will *probably* take a page from the Packers and play lots of nickle/dime pass coverage. But Goff has seen it now and he'll handle it much better. Gurley will run up the middle. The Rams will play even faster on that turf and the offense will be more explosive.

The Saints got exposed with the Vikings running the ball right up the middle all game long without having a stud running back, Todd Gurley will have a monster day with that same attack running up the gut. Littleton will be the X factor against Kamara and Ingram for the Saints as there is no more slow footed Alex Ogeltree in the middle.

McVay and the entire team knows what’s at stake. Don’t think he forgot about Sean Payton’s eating grin during pre season when he ran up the score and tried to sneak in an onside kick. This will be a high scoring game. Sean Payton had 3 QB at end zone...McVay will have his hands full with Tasyom Hill.... Thoughts?
-----------
Look for lots of trick plays from both sides of the ball.
----------
McVay has to throw at least 10 head scratching challenge flags to be mentioned in the same breath as Payton.
----------
When Sean stops putting up juggernaut offense. He has been doing it historically for 13 years.
-----------
Passing of the guard? Must be sort of like the changing of the torch.
----------
Payton > Half Beard
-----------
Is Eminem the new Freddie Mercury?
-----------
[saintsreport.com]

Young Rams

I dont think they really understand how loud that dome is gonna be on Sunday.
-----------
Brandin Cooks may have some insight for them.
-----------
Nah, he was too busy listening to himself.
----------
They did go to Seattle and win a close, back and forth game a few weeks ago, and certainly that place can get loud.

But to me, there's nothing quite like the three hour wall of sound for a big Saints game in the Dome, especially in any 4 PM or night game, when the fans have had time to get, umm...... prepared.

If we can rattle Tom Brady and break the Patriots like we did in 2009, we can break anybody.
---------
The Seahawks stadium hangs it's hat on a few SECONDS of loud.
The SUPERDOME maintains a constant roar w/added eruptions for 4 quarters!
----------
This is going to be a great game, we have ripped off 6 straight and beat Teams like Baltimore and Minnesota on their home field (tough road wins) and now we get the young Rams in our Dome....should be a shoot out.
----------
I kinda heard on one of the sports shows this morning that the Rams had problems with the noise the Packers fans were making in THEIR OWN STADIUM. They gonna be blown away with what hits them this Sunday!!!! upload_2018-10-30_20-36-44.gif
---------
Be prepared, for The Silence of the Rams.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What Saints fans are saying...

Rams431017October 30, 2018 06:55PM

Re: What Saints fans are saying... ... is really starting to annoy me

EternalHorns327October 30, 2018 07:59PM

They are fans

shellback302October 30, 2018 08:25PM

Well, I'll say this: there's something special about this forum

EternalHorns373October 30, 2018 08:59PM

Particularly special when you use the word internecine

stlramz234October 30, 2018 09:23PM

My goal is to be quoted on another board...

JamesJM200October 31, 2018 04:31AM

Those posts are reminiscent of...

jemach196October 31, 2018 06:39AM

Re: They are fans

Classicalwit271October 31, 2018 10:25AM

Re: What Saints fans are saying...

Steve279October 31, 2018 12:55AM

They sound pretty cocky..

sstrams250October 31, 2018 02:58AM

Anyone that thinks the dome is louder than CenturyLink Field is smoking too much....

DaJudge245October 31, 2018 05:06AM

Re: Anyone that thinks the dome is louder than CenturyLink Field is smoking too much....

Renosaint174November 01, 2018 10:56AM

Re: Anyone that thinks the dome is louder than CenturyLink Field is smoking too much....

RamsFootballFans.com199November 01, 2018 11:51AM

Renosaint125November 01, 2018 07:30PM

Re: What Saints fans are saying...I like this type of post!

oldschoolramfan229October 31, 2018 05:26AM

We'll see.

Drew2839221October 31, 2018 05:39AM

Re: What Saints fans are saying...

Barf33243October 31, 2018 05:55AM

SaintsAlive... you out there?

LoboRam218October 31, 2018 06:12AM

Man...I need my eyes checked...

jemach212October 31, 2018 06:25AM

Yep... the Herd is channeling you saintsalive, we...

LoboRam219October 31, 2018 06:53AM

Re: Yep... the Herd is channeling you saintsalive, we...

SoCalRAMatic172October 31, 2018 08:09AM

Sup?

saints_alive307October 31, 2018 08:37AM

Thanks, man! Always appreciate ya! (nm)

EternalHorns172October 31, 2018 08:44AM

Re: Sup?

LoboRam244October 31, 2018 09:40AM

Good honest analysis...

jemach181October 31, 2018 10:54AM

Thx, Saintsalive, love your takes!! (nm)

ramsfaninmd156October 31, 2018 10:59AM

Re: Sup?

AlbaNY_Ram189November 01, 2018 07:48AM

Surprised saintsalive hasn't shown up here...

jemach194October 31, 2018 06:24AM

Yeah, saintsalive is a good guy..

sstrams364October 31, 2018 06:35AM

His last log one was last year...

JamesJM220October 31, 2018 06:41AM