Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: So. Has Suh been worth the money and the billing?

October 22, 2018 08:43AM
RockRam
What's the opinion around here? Has Suh played up to a $14mil guaranteed contract?

IMO.....no. Not bad, in fact pretty good. But at that price pretty good isn't good enough.

Not saying it was a poor signing. It just feels like he is past his prime and is no longer a dominant player although still a very good one.

But to me he's a 3 year $30 mil type of player . Not a guy you'd sign to say, a 3 year $45 -$50 mil deal.
And the reason I'd go $10 mil per year average is that he is very steady, doesn't miss games, smart, is good in the run game and even though he's not a pass rusher, he gives good push up the middle. And, he sure seems to have his temper under control this year. No stupid personal fouls.

Perhaps come playoff time, his game will go up a notch. He's a vet and knows it's a long year. But if he doesn't elevate, I think we can probably find another vet who'll play for considerably less that will do a good job. And the Rams are now a good enough team that a vet who is looking for a ring would come for a year or two at a reasonable price (like what happens with the Pats).

Suh is still a dominant player. We've seen that when he lines up at DE. However, most of his snaps are NT which in addition to being a new position for him, he handles the most double teams.

Gaudy numbers from that position isn't realistic.

As for how much he's worth, your estimates typically come in on the very low side. I think $14M is right in line with his value.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So. Has Suh been worth the money and the billing?

RockRam368October 22, 2018 05:58AM

Steve161October 22, 2018 06:09AM

wrong question

zn145October 22, 2018 08:21AM

Completely agree

Suh-weet!120October 22, 2018 08:32AM

dzrams98October 22, 2018 08:43AM

Has Suh been worth the money and the billing? Every penny

Rampage2K-81October 22, 2018 09:19AM

I see it as that Suh has just not emerged yet...

roman1895October 22, 2018 09:24AM