Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just returned from Denver......

October 20, 2018 05:10AM
Well the game was a bit on the chilled side. Woke up to snow falling and a temp of low 20's. Triple layered and headed out around 2 hours pre kick off. Nice stadium, good view from our seats but they did not shovel the aisles so indeed I did hand shovel our seats out.

The fans were polite, no trash, but again what trash could they spew at 2-4 vs. 6-0. IMO up 20-3 and letting them smell a upset was a bit unnerving and did not help much with the temps ( I think they dropped a bit as the game went on)....the sun popped out a couple of times but flakes were falling throughout the 1st half. I still think the field was messed up...several ankle, knee injuries going on with what looked like slipping on the turf, or getting caught up in it.

The night before a lot of Denver fans in the bar were talking about the RAMS being a warm weather team and that would be the chance for the broncos to win.....I said that really the broncos don't play in snow either, and both teams have players who have not played in that type weather. On top of that a good/great team finds ways to win, that is what makes them good/great. I said the real difference will be the coaching. The news did mention that the temps of this game was a record that broke the previous record set back in 1969....

Actually throughout our stay from exploring the city to going out to Red Rocks we were surprised to hear "Go Rams" as much as we did. (wearing my Phifer Blue /Yellow horns jersey and/or my throughback Starter windbreaker circa 1994. ( had several comments on that jacket must say it is pretty cool myself). Weather was really pretty nice outside of game day....low 50's to close to 60 through out the week.

Red Rocks was gorgeous, not a bad restaurant to be found, and we were surprised how easy the city is to walk. The museums, Coors Field, Pepsi Center can be reached by foot from our Hotel. 16th Street Mall is full of shops, restaurants, bars and it was like a block away from us.....Did take an uber to the game ( 5-10 min.) and out to Red Rocks ( half hour or so).

All in all it's really fun to go for a great vacation and add that nice cherry on top with a RAMS win to finish it off. IMO Denver is a nice city (surprisingly clean) the Mile thing ain't no joke, it was hard to get your air at times, Red Rocks was crazy with the people running the amphitheater around and around, hell I was gasping for air just watching them!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just returned from Denver......

roman18724October 20, 2018 05:10AM

Re: Just returned from Denver......

oldschoolramfan186October 20, 2018 05:56AM

Never been there....

JamesJM237October 20, 2018 06:08AM

Re: Never been there....

AlbaNY_Ram167October 20, 2018 02:13PM

Re: Never been there....

LMU93182October 20, 2018 05:39PM

Went there 3 years ago. BEAUTIFUL place!

Ramgator163October 20, 2018 08:44AM

HOW does Denver get the "Mile High" name?? When I went...

Ramgator303October 20, 2018 08:49AM

Re: HOW does Denver get the "Mile High" name?? When I went...

LoboRam335October 20, 2018 09:35AM

Question for you...

LoboRam316October 20, 2018 09:48AM

Re: Question for you...

roman18277October 20, 2018 10:53AM

Nice!

stlramz177October 20, 2018 03:44PM

Hey Roman...

Ram Fan Teacher184October 21, 2018 05:07AM