Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Not quite ready to move on from Vikings to Seahawks yet.

October 04, 2018 09:12PM
Saguaro
I enjoyed that game so much.
And I got caught up in all the accolades and the weekly awards and the highlights, with Goff getting so much deserved credit for those throws.

But only now, a week later, do I remember what a contrast there was between last year's Vikings game and this year's.

Two things stand out to me.

Forget the throws that Jared made, as wonderful as those were.
Do you remember how tentative he looked last year in that big game against the Vikings? How cautious and deliberative?
How long the Rams would take getting lined up and then Jared calling out changes, and Rams kind of scrambling around as if they weren't sure where they were supposed to be?
How they would barely get plays off?
Like you could just see the wheels moving "Ok, let me think now. When I see this, I'm supposed to do that. Right? Yeah, I think I got that right. ><."

We saw some of the same things when they played the Eagles last year. Jared and co. would tighten up in a big game.

Compare that to the body language you saw from Goff during last Thursday's game.
Striding to the line, moving crisply. Surveying the field like a boss. Moving db's with his eyes, nailing throws like it was a tire swing in the back yard.
I mean he was a commander out there. Throwing a missile to Cooks and then just turning and pulling his chinstrap as he jogged to the sideline, like it was NOTHING.

I never really thought he could take as big a step from 2017 to 2018 as he did from '16 to '17. But I was wrong.
This is not the same Jared Goff that we saw in 2017.

Second point. Last year it seemed like Zimmer and the Vikings knew every play the Rams were gonna call after that first series.
Their defense seemed to know whether it was going to be pass or run, and exactly where the ball was going. Every catch was an immediate tackle.
The Rams offense was stymied. They looked bewildered by it.

This year, the Vikes couldn't find a clue. They were spinning in circles, and poor Barr kept getting matched up on receivers he couldn't cover.
Last year, Zimmer was smirking and strutting. This year, McVay kept posing questions Zimmer couldn't answer.

Improvement. Ceiling not reached yet. The best is yet to come.

I agree with the first point. It's his 2nd year in the system, he's thinking less and and is more confident.

On point #2.

a couple of views from last year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2018 09:33PM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Not quite ready to move on from Vikings to Seahawks yet.

Saguaro537October 04, 2018 08:30PM

XXXIVwin311October 04, 2018 08:37PM

zn242October 04, 2018 09:12PM

then on the other hand there's 2018

zn210October 04, 2018 09:52PM

Epic Post my friend!

stlramz199October 04, 2018 10:35PM

Re: I can’t stop watching the highlights

Speed_Kills208October 05, 2018 02:01AM

Ramsdude164October 05, 2018 02:50AM

You nailed it. The Rams are now fully confident in themselves

RockRam232October 05, 2018 03:06AM

I wish I was more like that....

JamesJM155October 05, 2018 05:49AM

Clubber Lang. Nm

stlramz125October 05, 2018 07:51AM

Rams43125October 05, 2018 07:19AM

did you catch what Kirk told Jared after the game?

Rampage2K-145October 05, 2018 10:01AM