Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

respectfully disagree

September 26, 2018 06:53AM
RamUK
I was listening to the doctor they have on Sirius 'Moving the Chains' say the other day that almost no players are playing at 100% going into mid-season.

He said for the most part you simply cannot wait for them to get to 100% and you make a medical judgement on the likelihood of making things worse.

He also said many injuries really cannot get worse and it's just a pain management issue.

This got me to thinking.

We hear a lot about high-profile players getting injured when they 'came back too early', but there's zero coverage of when it doesn't happen because there's nothing for the average fan to talk about.

Yet there are multiple players carrying injuries in every single game of varying degrees.

The availability heuristic is in play here methinks.

I think we think it happens more than it does because the stories are heavily reported and team doctors heavily criticized, but it seems to me for the most part they get it right.

Fans thinking they know whether Peters is ready to play or not, is like me thinking I know what my wife means when she says 'forget about it'.

Let the doctors decide because they are highly paid experts and then relax cool smiley

And it is also the case that teams regularly err when it comes to that because with just 16 games in the sport, every game puts pressure on the coaches and medical staffs, and that pressure has a peculiar power to diminish judgment. That's just a fact of the NFL. '

Is McVay susceptible to that? No one here has the first real clue whether he is or not. That one might just be a matter of pure faith.

Therefore it's a situation where we're surrounded by unknowns, speculation, educated guesses, and even the possibility that the team is capable of engaging in a little PR massaging.

That means from OUR perspective, and just looking at our needs as a discussion community, all opinions are welcome. Including (goes without saying) yours, and also including ones that *seem* to be or even ARE critical or skeptical of the team.

So to use an analogy for us talking about this, it is just mostly like us talking about anything related to the Rams.

All opinions welcome. All agreements and disagreements welcome. All agreements and disagreement with the agreements and disagreements welcome.

I would say excluding opinions of people born in the British Commonwealth, but...that would exclude me. smoking smiley So. We'll table that one.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2018 06:57AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Players playing injured and Peters

RamUK304September 26, 2018 06:42AM

respectfully disagree

zn148September 26, 2018 06:53AM

I didn't say teams don't err

RamUK114September 26, 2018 07:10AM

I didn't say you did say that.

zn131September 26, 2018 07:18AM