Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Players playing injured and Peters

September 26, 2018 06:42AM
I was listening to the doctor they have on Sirius 'Moving the Chains' say the other day that almost no players are playing at 100% going into mid-season.

He said for the most part you simply cannot wait for them to get to 100% and you make a medical judgement on the likelihood of making things worse.

He also said many injuries really cannot get worse and it's just a pain management issue.

This got me to thinking.

We hear a lot about high-profile players getting injured when they 'came back too early', but there's zero coverage of when it doesn't happen because there's nothing for the average fan to talk about.

Yet there are multiple players carrying injuries in every single game of varying degrees.

The availability heuristic is in play here methinks.

I think we think it happens more than it does because the stories are heavily reported and team doctors heavily criticized, but it seems to me for the most part they get it right.

Fans thinking they know whether Peters is ready to play or not, is like me thinking I know what my wife means when she says 'forget about it'.

Let the doctors decide because they are highly paid experts and then relax cool smiley

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Players playing injured and Peters

RamUK304September 26, 2018 06:42AM

respectfully disagree

zn149September 26, 2018 06:53AM

I didn't say teams don't err

RamUK115September 26, 2018 07:10AM

I didn't say you did say that.

zn131September 26, 2018 07:18AM