Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Cardinals are a mess....

September 24, 2018 09:16PM
Steve
Oooo, WOW and I thought we had it bad with Spags and Fish. LOL, they looked like a college team the first 2 weeks, so I am not surprised.
Watching those Cardinals games has brought back a LOT of Spags/Fish memories. Conservative, defensive HC hires OC who has no business being a coordinator. Has a top RB, HOF WR, promising WR emerging and none of them are being utilized or productive. IMO, they are mis-using DJ to the point that he is losing interest and becoming disgruntled. Granted, he apparently has been missing blitz pickups but to bench your best player when he was already upset about not being involved?

Seems like a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I believe Fitz only had 2 targets(maybe catches) in that game too. Whatever one may think of Arians, he was at least getting a lot of production out his stars and being creative in getting them the ball.

Maybe Wilks just needs time to turn the roster over and make it his own but he's sure breaking a LOT of eggs to get to an omelette. If McVay has illustrated nothing else, it's that a coach has to put his guys in a position to succeed and not just rely on talent. Scheming guys open and adjusting to defenses seems like two things that the Cardinals are NOT doing. Their first quarter the other day showed that they have a variety of players capable of scoring and beating defenses but after the scripted plays, they had nothing.

Like I said, it was just like the Spagnuolo/Fisher years all over again. Cardinals would be wise to cut bait and start over with someone who can develop and protect Rosen. Wilks hiring McCoy was akin to Fisher hiring Schottenheimer.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cardinals are a mess....

Rampage2K-378September 24, 2018 07:51PM

Steve132September 24, 2018 08:24PM

moklerman118September 24, 2018 09:16PM

I am not optimistic about Wilks’ future as an NFL HC...

Rams43127September 25, 2018 05:28AM

Re: I am not optimistic about Wilks’ future as an NFL HC...

den-the-coach106September 25, 2018 09:48AM

And to think that 2 years ago

Ram_Ruler154September 25, 2018 05:38AM

Re: And to think that 2 years ago

moklerman84September 25, 2018 10:29AM