Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quick thoughts on some games I watched

September 10, 2018 03:10AM
The Bears are going to be formidable. But the Packers D is horrible.
After watching the Saints Bucs game, I came away unsure if I was seeing great offenses or just horrendous defenses. I'm leaning towards bad defenses.
The Cowboys are in big trouble. They have no WRs. Their Oline is badly damaged with the unknown future of their Pro Bowl Center. And their over hyped LOT looked positively ordinary (too many injuries have taken their toll?) That means Ezekiel Elliott is going to be reduced to above average. Even Aikman commented that their O was unimaginative.Their D is, as usual, mediocre, undisciplined and inconsistent.

The Panthers D is lights out, but Cam Newton had better run a lot because, as usual, he makes one great pass and then one head scratcher. WRs are terribly over rated. No speed. Oline was just OK to start with, and with the injuries its going to be a problem. Norv Turner knows he doesn't have a very good passer in Cam Newton and that his entire game is predicated on running with the ball. Don't let Cam run, and his emotions and energy drain away. I have big doubts that McCaffery can be a workhorse back. He just doesn't have the size.

Arizona will be lucky to win 3 or 4 games this year. Bradford is typical Bradford: check down charley and a deer in the headlights in the pocket. The guy simply doesn't have the courage to be playing any more. He is rich rich rich and needs to retire retire retire. You can see he is mainly protecting himself.

I plan on watching the Seattle and Niners games today or tomorrow to see what went on there. But...damn! 45% completions and 3 INTs for Jimmy G? I don't think Goff had that bad of a game as a rookie.

Another game I want to see is the Colts game. I saw the box score and that Luck passed 53 times. I'm pulling for Luck....a good guy. He won't survive if that's how the Colts are going to play it. I can only guess that they didn't have a running game. Or that they think Luck is so god-like of a passer that they don't need to run the ball.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2018 03:14AM by RockRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Quick thoughts on some games I watched

RockRam511September 10, 2018 03:10AM

Re: Quick thoughts on some games I watched

LMU93373September 10, 2018 03:17AM

Re: Quick thoughts on some games I watched

stlrams13128September 10, 2018 03:50AM

49es recieves aren that good either

Hazlet Hacksaw113September 10, 2018 04:41AM

Goodwin inconsistent?

jemach94September 10, 2018 04:58AM

no Jerry Rice in that group.......