Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: RG3 vs........Our 3 QB's.

August 31, 2018 05:36PM
With what we know, I keep Mannion. There's a reason McVay didn't have him play with any starters or run the real offense. He's already comfortable with him.

Snead and McVay have had carte blanche with this team and could have gone out and got anyone they wanted in FA, through the draft or through a trade and they've stuck by Mannion. Who I didn't love as a draft pick or as the future starter. But I do have faith in McVay thus far and if he thinks he's right for the backup QB position that carries more weight than me trying armchair scout him from tv footage.

I don't think anyone's argued that the actual stats look good but from what I've seen, Mannion hasn't actually been that bad in what he's personally been doing. He hasn't looked lost or in over his head, he's got all the physical tools and he's been in McVay's system for two years now. Plus, he's young, healthy and cheap. I'm just not concerned with him at backup. McVay has gotten production...or at least efficiency out of all the QB's he's worked with so I'm comfortable giving him the benefit of doubt with Mannion.

I assume many people who are worried about the backup QB spot are thinking of what the Eagles did last year with Foles but with who's available out there I think the chances are just as good that Mannion is better than we think and McVay can get something out of him. The Rams won it all with an unknown long before the Eagles won it with a surprising journeyman.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RG3 would only cost about $500K more than Mannion

RockRam359August 31, 2018 11:26AM

Re: I totally agree............But, It's "WE NOT ME."

oldschoolramfan173August 31, 2018 11:33AM

Re: RG3 would only cost about $500K more than Mannion

moklerman135August 31, 2018 12:23PM

oldschoolramfan156August 31, 2018 12:25PM

moklerman220August 31, 2018 05:36PM

I'll make it simple RG3 sucks ....nm