Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 4 Rams on roster bubble heading into preseason Week 3

August 22, 2018 07:35AM
My players that need to get well and/or really pick it up:

Malcolm Brown. Could slip to 3rd RB. If Justin Davis catches fire, could slip even further. I’m an MB fan, but he’s getting outplayed so far.

Mannion is vulnerable to being replaced by a QB that Snead brings in via trade or final cuts.

Hemingway is at risk as to making the 53, unless they keep 4. Johnny Mundt just might be McVay’s preference as 3rd TE. I’m serious. And unless Hemingway really picks it up, that would be just fine by me.

Mike Thomas is very safe, IMO. He’s flashed as a WR and is already a ST stud. He ain’t going anywhere.

Pharoh Cooper has disappointed as a WR so far, but he’s an All Pro returner, sooooo... Hodge has been the far better WR, but the practice squad is his probable destination for this season. Hodge is a gem, but can they carry 7 WR’s? I don’t think so.

Lots of OL players are on the bubble. Everyone other than last years starters plus Blythe, Noteboom, Allen, and Demby. That’s 9 right there that are safe, leaving just one spot since I think they keep 10 for the 53. Strong competition, indeed.

How many LB’s do they keep? Somewhere between 8-10? More? I dunno. But I do know that the bottom 4-6 that stick are still not written in stone. Could well be some risers and fallers based on these next 2 PS games. I do think it’s gonna be a strong unit when Wade is all done with his tinkering. You could kinda say that as many as 8 LB’s are still sorta on the bubble.

DL is brutal competition beyond the top 5 obvious keepers. How many will they keep, anyway? 6-7? That could mean that there is only 1 opening, maybe 2. Geez...

I see Shields as safe, barring a health issue that comes up in this next 2 weeks. Too much talent combined with experience, plus he’s so affordable. I think Wade plans on using Shields in a lot of dime this year. On a team without CB’s such as Peters/Talib, Shields is a slam dunk starter. I see them carrying 6 CB’s this year, btw. Just gotta do it since Wade’s D demands it.

Any S candidate not named Joyner, JJ, Christian, or Countess is on the bubble. Period. Hopefully they may be bound for the practice squad.

To summarize, this roster is loaded. Many quality players will have to be cut come September. A nice problem for the coaches to have, I suppose. Snead has almost done TOO good of a job at bringing in talent throughout, except maybe at Backup QB.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

4 Rams on roster bubble heading into preseason Week 3

RamBill787August 21, 2018 08:50PM

Re: some others, too

leafnose356August 22, 2018 03:33AM

Rams43282August 22, 2018 07:35AM

Great take Attachments

Firecap238August 22, 2018 12:43PM

snowman300August 22, 2018 08:51AM

Re: Me too...

dzrams241August 22, 2018 10:58AM

Smart has disappointed me so far this PS.

Saguaro222August 22, 2018 11:40AM

Re: Agreed. He and Hemingway are both on my disappointed list...

dzrams226August 22, 2018 12:05PM