Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

8/1 camp report by bubbaramfan...

August 01, 2018 08:04PM
Here’s bubbaramfan...

Howdy Folks! Hot and humid today. Met VetRamFan and we decided to try and focus on OL and DL. We were joined by 69RamFan and PhoenixRising from RFU.

Rams came out and spent about 20 min stretching, then they all went to different areas in their groups, LB's on field 2 north end, DB's field 2 south end . DL field one north end.We had OL.

Kromer and his assistants were doing a lot of teaching. Looked like they worked on technique, hand placement, footwork, etc. Wished I could hear. Guys were going one on one with each other at a whistle while the rest watched. Nothing really stood out, but nice to see hands on teaching. TE's joined the OL and they all worked on blocking.

They spent a good part of practice 11 on 11. A lot of short passes and running plays. they rotated players. Offense 1's vs Defense 2's, O 2's vs D1's. O 2's vs D1's. 1st offense seemed to take the majority of snaps. Only players that didn't dress, Barron and Easley, who they had on the sideline hooked to a rubber bunji dragging an assistant back and forth for most of the practice. Mannion was back with the 2's DWilliams with the 2's.

Other than the starting OL of Whit, Saffold, Sully, Brown and Havenstien, they mixed and substituted a lot on both sides of the ball.. Lucas, DWilliams and NoteBoom took snaps at LT. Demby Noteboom and Neary took snap at LG. Blythe, Allen and Eldrencamp took snaps at C. Demby, Kolone and Neary took snaps at RG. DWilliams, Lucas and Noteboom took snaps at RT. Looks to me like Kromer was trying backups at a lot of different spots.

They worked on 2 minute drill about 20 minutes, 1st and 2nd teams got drives with good results. Goff looks sharp. Mannion moved the ball, Hit Cooper and Hemingway and Reynolds. A lot of TE ands RB targets. Greg the Leg shows no sign of having been on IR. He kept putting the ball right between the uprights and hit one over 63. that was with the D rushing.

After 1st 11 on 11 session we watched OL again. New drill. 5 OL, vs 1 DL 1st team OL and DL rotates guys against a different O lineman every snap. Whit, Saffold, Sully, Brown and Hav got a workout! First up DL participating: Bryant, Smart, Longacre, Franklin-Myers, Young, Lawler, and some others I couldn't see their # (they have their jersies rolled up. Sully would snap and take on a rush, next DL up would line up against Saffold and he would take the rush, and on and on. Guys that stood out were Franklin-Myers and Lawler. Most of them got stood up, But Myers got by Sully and Brown ands gave Whit all he could handle. Myers is Quick and strong.

2nd 11 on 11. More of the same, very intense, some good htting, DB's and WR's really trying to outdo each other. Great competition

Some observations VRF thought I should include that I missed: Mannion to Everett twice, Higbee 2x for Goff over the middle in traffic. Cooks delay crossing pattern from Goff. Gurley big yds on sweeps.

I have to confess We missed some because we got to yaking and weren't paying attention all the time. I stayed mostly by the OL and DL so I didn't see the other positions, only during the 11 on 11.

I reall haven't seen enough to make any kind of prediction or formulate an opinion on who is ahead of who. Just too early to make any determinations.

All in all, a very good high energy practice.

Hopefully VetRamFan will follow this up with some observations of his own.

We'll be back out there tomorrow.

NO INJURIES!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

8/1 camp report by bubbaramfan...

Rams43518August 01, 2018 08:04PM

Re: 8/1 camp report by bubbaramfan...

Steve139August 01, 2018 10:14PM

Re: 8/1 camp report by bubbaramfan...

leafnose180August 02, 2018 03:57AM

JFM name keeps getting mentioned.

Saguaro124August 02, 2018 05:14AM

Re: JFM name keeps getting mentioned.