Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Nah

July 29, 2018 11:27AM
zn
CeeZar
Remember, unspent cap money rolls over to the next year.The risk for the Rams cap-wise is minimal

Why subtract 15 M from the 2020 cap in the very year they will have to (probably) tag Peters and negotiate with Goff? 15 M is not minimal. In fact frequently they won't trade a player in a given year (like Tavon) because he would represent too much dead money, and in those cases it doesn't get near 15 M. I don't see them living with that.

The rest, lots of minor disagreements.

Some of it is beyond picky...like for example there are no circumstances in which the Rams would arbitrarily veto a trade unless it were in the division. Plus of course if they don't trade him then they have to tag him again (assuming he's a UFA). And tag amounts go up. At some point if they even tried all that the futility of it would hit them, and they would realize why every namebrand player who demands a trade gets traded. But see I assume they know that already and it would never get to that.

And the process of negotiating with a new team you describe is not what happened with Tru. Saints made the offer to the Rams, the trade was delayed until Tru chimed in, Tru said no, it was cancelled. Tru did not negotiate first. The Saints came to the Rams, Tru did not go to the Saints.

So anyway I stand by what I said beforel. I think the people who are trying to pump up how hard a trade would be are off base. I even wonder why they argue it...I think it might have something to do with the idea, which sounds comforting to some, that the Rams are completely in control of this. I don't see it like that. Either way I am probably just speculating on that.

So bottomline...under those circumstances, if they ever actually occur, I think the Rams would take the best trade offer they could get, and right now without know the situation, it's impossible to say what that would be. Like I said, they got a ton of picks for Dickerson, they got Faulk for a 2nd rounder...these things are far less slotted and predictable then trading picks on draft day.

That's my vote on this. Moving on

Several things...

1) Wouldn’t the unused $15 million in ‘19 roll over into ‘20? Exactly when you said the Rams would most need it? Assuming that AD could bring himself to sit out the entire ‘19 season without a dime coming in? Something I find almost impossible to believe. NOBODY would financially shoot himself in his own foot 16 times in one season, would he?

2) We agree that either the Rams or AD could veto a trade. But if you think that teams such as Eagles, Vikings, Falcons, Saints, Panthers, or ANY NFC West team would even be a remote possibility, well..... I’ve got some beautiful ocean beachfront property in Utah I would just love to sell you. Lol.

3) I also stand by what I’ve said before. And I, too, don’t quite understand why anyone would think otherwise.

4) Clearly, we have widely differing OPINIONS on the ease and likelihood of an AD trade in the real world. Hopefully, we will never find out which opinion carries the most weight.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What's the most some team would offer for AD?

CeeZar542July 28, 2018 04:20PM

Re: What is the market value for AD in a trade

Speedball89259July 28, 2018 04:24PM

OK, but that's not the poll

CeeZar184July 28, 2018 04:30PM

Re: OK, but that's not the poll

Speedball89194July 28, 2018 04:48PM

Ramsdude148July 29, 2018 06:08AM

SoCalRAMatic136July 29, 2018 06:42AM

Rams won't take a lowball trade offer

CeeZar167July 29, 2018 06:51AM

Re: Rams won't take a lowball trade offer

zn193July 29, 2018 08:00AM

Nah

CeeZar176July 29, 2018 09:24AM

zn136July 29, 2018 09:46AM

Rams43165July 29, 2018 11:27AM

CeeZar195July 29, 2018 12:21PM

reggae189July 28, 2018 06:15PM

zn173July 28, 2018 06:38PM

Re: What's the most some team would offer for AD?

reggae185July 28, 2018 06:14PM