Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramsfan1971 Camp report "day one"

July 27, 2018 10:43PM
I was able to attend the first day of camp yesterday. Obviously first day was a lot of drills. No Pads today.
There was a 11 on 11 at the end of practice. Here are a few of my takes.

1st- Special teams. Greg the Leg was kicking with power. Rams started off practicing new kickoff rules. Z was looked comfortable. No sight of back issues. He then started practicing field goals. He hit a few from 57 yards early. He then started missing to the right. He looks like he will be back 100% at beginning of season. He was key to many of our victories last year.

Goff- He worked individually at beginning of practice rolling out and throwing to sideline. He was very accurate. The chemistry between Goff and Woods/ Kupp is very obvious. He has a way to go with Cook.

Cooks- Very Fast, but also he looks small to me. I know he has been durable in his career, but not sure he survives any huge hits. I saw two drops with ball delivered into both hands. Hoping he has a great year!

Other Wrs- It looks like we will have great depth at Wr. Michael Thomas looks bigger to me this year. 86- Steven Mitchell had a good day. 83- Reynolds continues to improve and look fast.

Gurley- Looks fast and reacted fast. In 11-11, He broke off a couple of long runs. Dbs unable to catch him.

TE- Higbee and Everett made catches in 11-11. Higbee made a great catch on a corner route that looked like the db had a pick. Great concentration to make that catch. 84- Hemingway is back and a huge man. Sorry, but I have watched him the last few camps and I do not see soft hands. He is a great target in size, but Mannion threw a beautiful pass that hit him in the hands and he dropped it. I do not think he is a natural pass catcher.

Defense
I did not see Mark Barron dressed on field. Any idea what is going on with him?

DL- We look big with Suh and Brockers. Seems to be a big drop off between 1st and 2nd team DLs. Hard to get any idea of DL or OL without pads.

Lbs- No one really stood out good or bad. That could be good news if they just do their job.

Dbs- Most impressive group on D yesterday. Aqib is obviously alpha. He sits on his helmet and everyone kind of hovers around him. He and Peters are connected closely. Everyone else is off in another group. Both dbs were great in 11-11. Sam Shields had a pick that hit him in hands and then dropped it. Given he has been off the field for a year and some, it was good to see his reactions. A lot of depth in this group. There will be great competition in this group. Joyner and Johnson form their own duo. Like Peters and Talib, these two are hanging together constantly. Dbs may be our strongest position.

11-11
1st team O went against 1st Team D only a few times. I think today, the D had the advantage. It is very hard to throw against the D today. We will see how McVay changes play calls against these Dbs and Lbs. When the 1st O went against 2nd D- Gurley broke off a couple of huge runs. He also got one against the 1st D

Good first day! Lots of competition for non starter guys trying to make or stay on the team.
Hoping for a Healthy Camp!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2018 10:43PM by Steve.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Elvis Camp report (link) July 27

Steve585July 27, 2018 10:37PM

Ramsfan1971 Camp report "day one"

Steve234July 27, 2018 10:43PM

Video from Camp:LARams_1963 is originator

Steve278July 27, 2018 10:46PM

people need to see this vid

zn215July 28, 2018 05:51AM

is #12 Cooks?

ferragamo79142July 28, 2018 10:37AM

Re: Slow cut