Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Elvis Camp report (link) July 27

July 27, 2018 10:37PM
This is from Elvis, and I am not Elvis:

And we're back!

Crazy crowded today, maybe most crowded camp day ever. Gareth and Kayfabe came too (fellow ST holders). Gareth has been to one camp before, the Chargers scrimmage which was pretty packed itself but Gareth thought today had more people.

I also ran in to @Ramsfan1971 and his wife, so pretty great day.

They had a sort of rally first, which i'm sure everyone knows about by now, and the big news is, we can wear our throwbacks more that we thought. The free t-shirts were pretty awesome and had the right colors.

Actual news: The new uniforms aren't coming until 2020 which we all pretty much knew anyway.

The offense looked really good, certainly the best it's looked early in camp either of the two previous years in L.A. No need to talk about the defense being ahead of the offense.

Sure the 1's were usually going against the 2's but even when it was 1 on 1, or compared to the last two years, Goff and the offense looked really good.

Only Goff and Mannion took reps against the defense, can't imagine Mannion is in any trouble at #2 but man, he doesn't look that great.

Cooks made a lot of nice catches and he does this thing when he's not the target where he puts his hands up like the ball's coming to him and he's about to catch it.

Peters couldn't cover Woods in 7 on 7's and Woods looked great pretty much every time i watched him.

Josh Reynolds dropped a lot of balls.

But for the last set, the number 1 defense beat the number 1 offense and the offense had to run.

Suh looked unblockable at times, Smart had some nice penetration.

Kind of wondered what to call Brokers' look but decided "what ever the hell he wants to call it" is the right answer. He's a man among men.

Goff has been the first man on the field so far in camp. In previous years it was Harkey and Chase Reynolds, then Sam Rodgers last year. So i can only assume Goff is gonna get cut.

Crowded as it was, i didn't get to move around a lot so was limited in what i saw or was able to take pictures of.

Tomorrow is supposed be a "dial it down" day and Sunday in pads, so planning to be back at it on Sunday..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2018 11:17PM by Steve.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Elvis Camp report (link) July 27

Steve585July 27, 2018 10:37PM

Ramsfan1971 Camp report "day one"

Steve235July 27, 2018 10:43PM

Video from Camp:LARams_1963 is originator

Steve278July 27, 2018 10:46PM

people need to see this vid

zn216July 28, 2018 05:51AM

is #12 Cooks?

ferragamo79142July 28, 2018 10:37AM

Re: Slow cut