Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A bit disappointed in Carter

May 29, 2018 05:46PM
The guy brought up a question "Can Cooks continue to put up numbers without an HOF QB?" Solid question IMO. I didn't really follow Carter's logic (at least how it pertained tot he question) but he was confident enough in his answer that it wasn't challenged. When I watched some vids on Cooks when the Rams picked him up, I noticed that some of the highlights for Cooks could have been highlights for the QB's.

I like Goff but I haven't seen him make some of the throws... I am going to try to answer the analyst's question. With McVay I don't think it matters who the QB is as long as the QB is good enough. Goff had more time and more open receivers than I have seen in a long time. I think McVay will scheme Cooks open and will continue to make things "easy" for Goff. And I think Goff improves with an off season and another year in the offense. So I don't think there will be a drop off due to a lesser QB. There is a chance that Cooks will be more effective. Plus he can do sweeps etc. to help Gurley out. And Cooks might be successful with them since it won't be as predictable as last season.

We will see. I am more on the optimistic side with Cooks but who knows... OL remains the key IMO
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Are the Rams Super Bowl contenders with the addition of Brandin Cooks?

RamBill374May 29, 2018 06:27AM

Re: Are the Rams Super Bowl contenders with the addition of Brandin Cooks?

AlbaNY_Ram208May 29, 2018 06:43AM

Re: good watch right there

Speed_Kills137May 29, 2018 09:51AM

Re: Are the Rams Super Bowl contenders with the addition of Brandin Cooks?

Rampage2K-148May 29, 2018 11:09AM

Re: Chris Carter

leafnose230May 29, 2018 12:21PM

Re: Nice post

Speed_Kills158May 29, 2018 02:00PM

most important: Chemistry and fit

ferragamo79135May 29, 2018 05:37PM

A bit disappointed in Carter

Atlantic Ram101May 29, 2018 05:46PM