Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Who will be NFL's first $20 million defender? Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack best bets

May 09, 2018 09:23AM
David Deacon
Rams43
I think both AD and Mack are certain to be $20 million players, and soon.

Whichever one signs second will be the higher paid. Thus, the reason for the extension delays?

I agree but I don't like it and don't agree. The price for DT has been coming down after getting inflated with Suh and Fletcher Cox contracts. Now maybe Donald is so unique it is worth setting the market but we have 3 years of control for around 14M per year on average with no risk to career ending injury.

Now even though I have said that I think he is the Allan Page of today and probably better than Allan Page and that is saying alot.

Snead himself said this off season that because of Donald they don't need nearly as much outside pressure from their OLBs. And that makes sense because Donald gets as much pressure on the QB as any edge defender. Last year he led the league in that category.

Given that, he is definitely not a normal DT. Thus, whatever the price for DT's is doing is largely irrelevant. AD is an exception. An outlier.

(As an aside, I'm also not sure that it can be established that DT prices are coming down. Suh was cut late and didn't have a normal market since 90% of the free agent monies had already been spent.)

I don't really know what number makes sense for both sides but I do know that thinking about him as a traditional DT doesn't reflect his impact and it's not likely to lead to a long term resolution.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Who will be NFL's first $20 million defender? Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack best bets

RamBill304May 09, 2018 05:08AM

if not more than that (nm)

zn161May 09, 2018 05:21AM

Re: Who will be NFL's first $20 million defender? Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack best bets

David Deacon106May 09, 2018 06:05AM

No it won't kill the cap...

jemach84May 09, 2018 06:09PM

Rams4395May 09, 2018 06:07AM

David Deacon142May 09, 2018 06:27AM

dzrams97May 09, 2018 09:23AM

PLUS

zn126May 09, 2018 11:30AM

Re: Raider vs Rams; Highlights of who blinks

leafnose128May 09, 2018 06:07PM