Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Deadpool's 2018 Mock Draft 4.0

April 24, 2018 07:43PM
Thought after having a week or so to digest what everyone thought of the last one and wanting to do something different I would give you guys 1 more before the draft.

I'll give you the pick, then I will give you 2 more names, then what I want to happen and what I don't want to happen. Basically it gives me more chances to be right. No Way smiley

3. 87 - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo -Edge - Oklahoma - I have thought forever he would be a late 2nd round pick that I under-valued. The more I see things the more I think he is a 3rd-early 4th round Edge.

2 other names to consider - Temoko Turay - Edge - Rutgers - I wanrted to make him the pick, I just don't think he lasts. If he does, its because his 2 right shoulder surgeries or his being raw. Uchenna Nwosu - Edge - USC - A bit undersized and a late bloomer, athletic and can drop into coverage. Both I think are gone in the 2nd or early 3rd.
What I want to happen - Rams draft Dorance Armstrong Jr - Edge - Kansas - a personal favorite of mine since last season. His down year (which I have explained away a bunch of times) plus projecting him from DE to Edge could slide him close.

What I don't want to happen - Drafting Tyrell Crosby - OT - Oregon - draft one next year in the 1st. And I'm not convinced he is a LT in the NFL the more I look at him.

4.111 - Micah Kiser - ILB - Virginia - If the Rams are as serious as they say they are about stopping the run. Then this is your guy. I compare him to Kendall Beckwith from last year and he was drafted 107th last year so it all fits.

2 other names to consider - Josey Jewell - ILB - Iowa, Alex Cappa - OT - Humboldt State. I'll talk about Jewell in a minute. Cappa could learn behind Whitworth, but you cannot teach his attitude, size and athletic ability.

What I want to happen - Trade up if you have to and go get Josey Jewell - ILB - Iowa. Its possible he is a late 3rd early 4th round ILBer.

What I don't want to happen - trading back for a later 4th and adding a 5th rounder. I want to move forward into the 3rd with this pick and another pick.

4.135 - Mark Walton - RB - Miami - Injury history plus 200 lb size pushes a 2nd round RB into the 4th. He is a weapon, and spelling your workhorse with a homerun threat that can catch the football should be a priority.

2 other names to consider - Akrum Wadley - RB - Iowa - Another change of pace back that can catch. Chris Herndon - TE - Miami - He could be a swiss army knife TE that can catch, block and can be used in the redzone.

What I want to happen - Draft one of these guys for the offense - Cappa, Walton, Lazard or a TE like Ian Homas or Herndon.

What I don't want to happen - Drafting Joe Ostman - Edge - Central Michigan, he's fine in the 6th, not the 4th round.

4.136 - Alex Cappa - OL - Humboldt State - The Rams are not scared of going after prospects from smaller schools and he was at the Senior Bowl, so he fits the mold. As he gets a year or 2 to adjust to NFL talent he can be a swing tackle, or even move inside where the Rams can capitalize on his nasty run blocking.

2 other names to consider - Kylie Fitts - Edge - Nevada - Injuries have really slowed down is career, but he has flashed super upside. PJ Hall - DT - SHSU, a special teams stud blocking kicks and he just fills a stat sheet. Rams are not scared of FCS kids.

What I want to happen - Draft Kylie Fitts - Edge - Nevada- after trading this pick back into the 5th round. I like Cappa, but as I have said earlier, I want a OT next year.

What I don't want to happen - No to Cole Madison OT- Washington St. - I have him as a 6th round OT.

6.183 - Durham Smythe - TE - Notre Dame - A 6'-5" 255 lb. blocking TE the Rams don't have on their roster, plus he was under-used as a pass catcher so he has room to develop that. At his size he should be a redzone threat (also needed).

6.194 - Tony Adams - OG/OC - NCST - a fire hydrant type interior lineman that could play all 3 interior spots or slide into the OC position after a year. Sean Welsh also makes sense but I doubt he gets to the 6th.

6.195 - Joe Ostman - Edge - Central Michigan - The OT that he plays opposite of better bring a lunch pail, because Ostman won't stop. A motor like his in a defense that likes to rotate their OLBers could be a win-win.

6.198 Dane Cruikshank - CB/S - Arizona - I think he could be that CB/S combo guy I think they are looking for. He would be pretty good value here.

So I said 2 more names per pick, but the 6th round is a giant grab bag so I will just throw 8 additional names to watch for the 6th.
Sean Welsh IL - Iowa - Another OG/OC combo like Tony Adams. He's from Iowa and the Rams seem to have interest in Iowa this year.
Cole Madison - OT/OG - Washington State - He would be good value here.He could use some seasoning in a pro style offense, but has nice size and movement skills.
Jamil Demby - OG - Maine - Rams had him in plus he was at the Senior Bowl. If he is around in the 6th he could be a target. Strong and stiff.
Ola Adeniyi - Edge - Toledo - not as athletic as what the Rams seem to look at, but he gets it done. a poor man's Jeff Holland.
Ada Aruna - Edge - Tulane - an edge setter with some pass rush. Rams could use 2 or 3 OLBs in this draft.
Kenny Young - ILB - UCLA - an undersized ILB that had a bit of an off year, and I project as a 43 OLB, but if the Rams had him in there must be some interest as a ILBer in a 34.
Daurice Fountain - WR - Northern Iowa - Underrated FCS WR, 6'-1" athlete that seems to fit what the Rams like in their WRs.
Geron Christian - OT - Lousville - athletic OT that has played left and right. Has upside. Not sure he is anywhere near the 6th.

What I want to happen in the 6th round - I want Ola Adeniyi at Edge, Nick Deluca at ILB, A OG/OC combo in either Welsh or Adams and a redzone WR. Specifically Alan Lazard, Simmie Cobbs or Jaleel Scott.

What I don't want to happen - I don't care to see a FB like last year, another 6' WR, some 228 lb LBer they want to move inside, or some TE that has no athletic ability whatsoever. And nothing in a 34 DE. Not this year.

What I considered putting this draft together:. I used some players from visits and interviews. I used guys that had good Senior Bowls and I used some small school guys. All of which the Rams have used in the past with Snead (and last year with McVay).

The Rams need LBer and the Snead said as much in his pre-draft interview today. I drafted 1 ILB, 2 OLB to fill those slots. They also seem set on drafting OL. I added 1 OT and 1 IL to fill in depth. The Rams have next to nothing behind Joyner and JJ so I fixed that with a CB/S combo. I also added RB depth and another TE (one that blocks)

I have serious doubts they have 8 picks at the end of the draft but 5 or 6 is realistic.

As far as UDFA :
Jake Weineke - WR - South Dakota State - a big redzone FCS WR.
Marquez Valdez-Scantling WR - USF - Height-speed-weight prospect
Jason Cabinda -ILB - Penn st .- I think he gets drafted in the 7th, but if he doesn't. Snag him
Tre Williams - ILB - Auburn - I said no undersized ILBers i nthe 6th, I'm really cool with them as priority UDFA.
Mike Love - Edge - USF - keep adding edge guys and he is under rated. would be a steal as an udfa.
Chandon Sullivan - CB - Georgia State - Add some CB depth if he doesn't get drafted.
Cole Reyes - S - UND - injuries constantly derail a really good S. Stash and develop.
Dominic Sanders - S - Georgia - Undersized but plays with seemingly good feel.
Chase Litton - QB - Marshall - want to replace Mannion with a big gunslinger? This could be your guy.
Nick Keizer - TE - Grand Valley St. - a 6'-5" 250 lb. blocking TE with decent upside.
Ebenezer Ogundeko - Edge - Tenn. St. - another high motor pass rusher, was kicked off Clemson i think for something stupid.
De'Lance Turner - RB - Alcorn State - 6'-1" 215 lbs. good hands, can run routes (Alcorn threw the ball a ton) has good feet and probably runs in the 4.5 range.
Kendall Donnerson - Edge - SEMO - 7th round - Similar to Ebukam in that he is a FCS kid with good size 6'-2" 250 lbs and his pro day was nuts. 4.44 40. 40" vert., 7.03 3 cone and a 10'-11" broad jump. And he filled the stat sheet his senior year - 53 tackles (13.5 TFL) 3 FFs, 1 pick and 3 PBUs and 6 sacks.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Deadpool's 2018 Mock Draft 4.0

Deadpool996April 24, 2018 07:43PM

Re: Deadpool's 2018 Mock Draft 4.0

Rams43281April 24, 2018 08:04PM

Bookmarked!

Ramadune323April 24, 2018 08:09PM

brilliant

OzRam201April 25, 2018 08:21AM

dzrams379April 24, 2018 09:14PM