Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We are Favorites & Ready to Roll Before the Draft

April 08, 2018 03:05AM
This is so different. It is even different when we had the greatest show on turf.

Last year it was really about Coach McVay and the improvement of our players. He sounded great but he was 30 years old. He gave us hope but did we really believe? We wanted to believe but years of terrible coaching and leadership by Fisher and before that by Spags and others it seemed like it might be too good to be true.

Before last year all the off season excitement was about the draft. We had a bunch of picks and got some great players. At least with Snead we drafted some good guys. Before him we picked high and would swing and miss at a higher rate than the rest of the league.

This year we know Coach McVay is a coaching prodigy and that he will get better. We have seen how great Snead is when he is working with a great coach instead of working for a Coach who let the game pass him by. This year we are thinking that we have a roster that can go all the way and we are worried about how we will keep it all together the following year. And worse yet the year after that. Who can we keep long term etc.

I have always loved the draft but I must admit this year it doesn't hold much excitement for me. But I would much rather be sitting with anticipation of how great things are going and waiting for OTA and training camp than getting excited about the draft crapshoot. I will take that trade off every day.

Still I wonder if we shouldn't get at least a little excited about the draft. We got a bunch of picks and maybe we find a gem or two. Heck we don't even have that many roster spots even for special teams. Other than LB what are we looking for? The last OL to make the roster who will never play? A 4th TE. I look at the roster and ask myself who are we going to draft other than a LB, maybe two who can make the team. It seems we are drafting mostly for the practice squad. I don't ever remember the roster being so set and being so ready to compete.

Anyway this off season has been fun and full of surprises. We have a Super Bowl caliber roster and will be among the favorites going into the season. You can remember just last year nobody was picking us to even make the playoffs. This year the expectations are sky high all around the league not just on the board. I like it, the conversations have changed but still it takes a little getting used to.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

This Offseason SO much different than prior years

BeachBoy505April 07, 2018 04:21PM

Re: This Offseason SO much different than prior years

Ramsdude191April 07, 2018 04:29PM

BeachBoy309April 07, 2018 04:31PM

Ramsdude265April 07, 2018 04:41PM

oldmanram214April 08, 2018 01:12AM

The McVay factor is huge

Los Angeles Lenny188April 07, 2018 07:55PM

We are Favorites & Ready to Roll Before the Draft

David Deacon151April 08, 2018 03:05AM

Re: We are Favorites & Ready to Roll Before the Draft

Rampage2K-167April 08, 2018 08:14AM

We were going to go to the draft and have an all day event...

jemach225April 08, 2018 08:36AM

Appreciate the Commitment

RFL275April 08, 2018 08:27AM