Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Allow me to explain the 2-3 year window projection...

March 20, 2018 08:08AM
First, let me say that I see blue skies for the Rams with McVay and Goff around. For coming years and years.

But the reasons I spoke of a 2-3 year window are because the planets are lined up nicely within that time frame, but might not be quite so much beyond that 2-3 year timeframe.

Donald. I see him as for sure being here via Tags for 3 years.
Gurley. He’ll be here through his 5th year option but probably not getting a monster contract beyond nor being a tag candidate. That’s 2 more years.
Whitworth. Has only 2 remaining contract years and might not play the 3rd, at that.
Sully. Only has a 2 year contract extension.
Saffold. Isn’t he on final year of his current contract?
Brockers. Only has 2 remaining years on his contract.
Suh. Even if signed he would be here probably only 1-2 years.
Peters. Only has 2 years remaining on current contract (assuming the 5th year option).
Talib. Only has 2 years remaining, as well. Plus he’s 32 years old, already.
Joyner. On a one year tag. Can he be extended? If not, we lose him because the tag will go for AD.
Wade Phillips. Will he still want to be coaching beyond the next 2-3 years? Maybe, maybe not.

Add up all of the above and I think a reasonable person would say that the opportunities may never be better for a Ram SB push.

I love McVay, Snead, Goff, Gurley, and AD to death. But how much longer can they keep the band together to be considered potentially elite? Competitive, sure. But elite?

It’s one thing to be competitive and in the playoffs annually. Quite another to be a strong SB candidate each year. We are already in the former category and I expect that we will remain there indefinitely. But the SB level category? I see a definite 2-3 year window, currently. But beyond that the Rams must continue to make outstanding moves if they expect to remain there.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Rams have entered a 2-3 year SB window, IMO...

Rams43450March 19, 2018 05:07PM

Re: The Rams have entered a 10-15 year SB window, IMO...

Rampage2K-231March 19, 2018 06:45PM

Re: The Rams have entered a 10-15 year SB window, IMO...

XXXIVwin187March 19, 2018 09:45PM

Yes, the key is Goff

max151March 20, 2018 01:56AM

agree, their window is McVay and Goff...

LMU93117March 20, 2018 03:32AM

Allow me to explain the 2-3 year window projection...

Rams43185March 20, 2018 08:08AM

Re: Allow me to explain the 2-3 year window projection...

Rampage2K-101March 20, 2018 08:45AM

Re: IMO this offseason determines whether there will be a window

merlin147March 20, 2018 04:27AM