Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams still need...

March 13, 2018 11:45PM
I agree Speedball89 we do have several positions to fill. I love the Rams and am a pretty knowledgeable fan but really am humbled on this board. Most posters here and I am sure including you are more knowledgeable on the available free agents and the upcoming draft class then I am. I respect everyone here a great deal.

This is my feelings on the positions that you have mentioned.

Depth on the O-line, and near future starters at Center and Left Tackle. I am not going to try to convince anyone that the healthy line we had last year was anything short of amazing and I hate to bring it up in fear of jinxing us this coming up year. I would like for us to possibly bring in 1 journeyman veteran to help solidify the depth and in a perfect word it would be someone that can play more than one position. Also in a perfect world we would draft a center and tackle to develop. I know it is unlikely we can hit on both positions later on the draft, but worth a try. Let the rookies, new veteran and current players under contract battle it out in camp.

I am in the feeling Barron will not be on our roster to start next season. I do like Longacre and was pretty upset when he got hurt last year, but backs are tricky as you know and I am not sure if he will be the same when he gets back on the field for us. But yes, they need help at LB. I would like to believe they would not gut it and trade Quinn and AO away unless they had a pretty solid plan on how to rebuild it. I never followed Wade very close over the years but he impressed me how much he got out of the guys last year and I am excited to see what he has cooking for this season.

I agree our backup QB does not look all that great. I wonder what they think and what they are thinking they need to do if anything.

I am not certain what to say about WR. Even though I recognize Sammy as a huge talent and I am sure he was instrumental to our team last year I am not certain a huge move will happen to replace him. Now please understand I am wrong more than I am right but I think we have an ascending crop of WR’s right now that will get better as they develop together and the young QB gets more comfortable playing in the pros. I believe we still will be getting rid of Tavon but I think last year Cooper proved he is a very good replacement for him in the return game and I think will be able to handle the end around and misdirection’s Tavon gave us earlier in the year. I also think they will draft at least one to add to this group.

I really don’t know how any of this will work out but I am glad we seem to be getting good immediate and long term value back on our moves this year and last. We have made some mistake I do not understand like many of us but I also think they have a plan and are working hard to achieve it. I still feel comfortable we are not making a big splash but I do agree with you we need to do something in the next week or so and feel pretty confident this group will.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Early Free Agency

Ramrooter301March 13, 2018 08:58PM

Rams still need...

Speedball89214March 13, 2018 10:54PM

Re: Rams still need...

Ramrooter190March 13, 2018 11:45PM