Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Early Free Agency

March 13, 2018 08:58PM
I continue to check here and the news wire for updates half expecting the Rams have made a major free agent move but relieved when we have not. I know there is evidence to prove what I am about to say wrong, but I feel early big number free agents to be more of a detriment in the long term to a team then helpful IMO.

I feel very good how our team recognized good trade value and went out and got it before free agency. I think we found some real value versus talent level and possible production.

I also feel the first 48-96 hours of free agency can produce some of the lower value vs. cap investment. I think making some calls feeling out agents and buying if the numbers match your own but waiting if they are asking to much based on your values. You miss out on some players like we already have but I also think you don’t make impulsive buys that you regret later. Also you can revisit a player later in free agency when there price may be lower.

I will continue checking and hoping we don’t make a big move early. Strange roller coaster I ride every off season.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Early Free Agency

Ramrooter300March 13, 2018 08:58PM

Rams still need...

Speedball89214March 13, 2018 10:54PM

Re: Rams still need...

Ramrooter190March 13, 2018 11:45PM