Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not really feeling the Rams offseason...

March 12, 2018 07:00PM
Love the Peters trade and think the Talib trade will work out well, too.

But The Robert Quinn trade really bothered me. I feel like edge rushers are hard enough to find that they should have held on to him at least one more year.

I was more ambivalent about the Ogletree move, although I think it could also have been a mistake depending on how he was viewed in the locker room (seems like it stuck in some of the player's craw quite a bit).

I'm about 50/50 on the Joyner tag. I like him, but I'm not sure I like him at 11 million, and I'd rather have Quinn or Ogletree over Joyner.

Obviously, I could be looking at this whole thing wrong, haha, but while I'm here I might as well see this through:

If the Rams are trying to be lean/efficient, I think they should move on from Barron and let Watkins walk (unless he's willing to accept a one-year for 8 deal or something like that). But the biggest move I think they should consider is one I'm pretty sure they won't dare: trade Aaron Donald.

I know the guy is extraordinary, but I don't think the performance gap between him and his peers is so significant that the Rams should feel obligated to sink 25+ a year into him. If he is willing to play for 18-20, so be it, but I don't think he can carry the defensive line by himself, and I think the Rams would be better off grabbing some draft capital (gotta assume he's worth at least a first right now. Maybe two?) and investing the cap savings in other spots on the team (they are going to want to pay Goff next year, might as well plan ahead).

I may not like many of the Rams moves this offseason, but they certainly seemed relatively bold. I'm hoping they're willing to consider all options as they continue to build the team...

Think Freely, Live Well, Be Kind
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Not really feeling the Rams offseason...

shepherd18514March 12, 2018 07:00PM

I always look at personnel moves like this...

JamesJM253March 12, 2018 07:05PM

Partially agree

Ram_Ruler156March 13, 2018 03:44AM

Re: Donald's price rising?

BumRap178March 13, 2018 08:55PM

yes, we could pay Donald QB money and limit our future cap...

SunTzu_vs_Camus169March 13, 2018 11:06PM

I just don't get it...

jemach144March 14, 2018 03:58AM

Added note...

jemach123March 14, 2018 04:24AM

I would never do that to a player like Donald

zn193March 14, 2018 04:20AM